Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The Tremor isn't looking like the greatest deal, as I'm checking pricing. A 7.3l, cc, lb, 3.73, XL is a full $10,000 less than a Tremor XLT.

The Powerwagon effect. It might be better to build my own:

$3000 front Yukon locker and 4.88 gears.
$2500 BDS 4" lift, Fox 2.0's.
$2500 37x13.5r18 Cooper STT tires on Method 18x9 +18mm wheels.
$2000 fender flares, custom exhaust to clear front drive shaft due to lift, and other assorted hidden costs of lift kit.
-----------
$10,000

To really put it into perspective.....the same XL with a 6.7l diesel costs as much as a gas Tremor.

Do I really need the XLT interior doo dads, and Tremor decals? I like the XL grill, rubber floor, and black door handles.

This:

vs this

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
The Tremor isn't looking like the greatest deal, as I'm checking pricing. A 7.3l, cc, lb, 3.73, XL is a full $10,000 less than a Tremor XLT.

$2000 fender flares, custom exhaust to clear front drive shaft due to lift, and other assorted hidden costs of lift kit.
-----------
$10,000

To really put it into perspective.....the same XL with a 6.7l diesel costs as much as a gas Tremor. Do I really need the XLT interior doo dads, and Tremor decals? I like the XL grill, rubber floor, and black door handles.

$10k is quite a bit. Didn't think it would be that much.

I came to a similar conclusion pricing out a Gladiator while ago. Instead of a Rubicon, I'd get a Sport. Dana 44, ARB, 37's and still come out cheaper than a Rubi. I wanted manual windows, manual climate control, and no extra fluff anyway.

D

Deleted member 9101

-----------
$10,000

To really put it into perspective.....the same XL with a 6.7l diesel costs as much as a gas Tremor.

Do I really need the XLT interior doo dads, and Tremor decals? I like the XL grill, rubber floor, and black door handles.

This:

vs this

Split the difference between the XL and XLT and get an XL with the STX package. IMHO it's worth it for the 8"display and Google/Apple car play, better seats, and what ever else they toss in for 2020.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Yeah. Ford and Dodge kill us an just the little accent pieces that take the trucK up to XLT.

It has the ''STX appearance package''.

Would have to paint the grill and wheels black. $1000 easy, if I pull them and drop them off myself, loose.

A long bed and 11,500# GVWR would open up camper options, as well.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.

-----------
$10,000

This:

vs this

I think the appeal is for people who don't like to turn around and take their brand new truck to an offroad shop to be torn apart. Additionally just like a super modified Jeep Sport vs a stock Jeep Rubicon the Rubicon, and in this case the Tremor will always garner more money [than the XL] on the second hand market.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Yeah, I'll be doing everything but the gears and locker myself.

My BDS dealer can install the lift for nearly free. So cheap that it's not worth my time to do. But I've always felt it's best to wrench as much as possible ourselves, before overlanding anything. We really need to understand steering and suspension in this hobby.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I have an STX F150 right now. Would love to have the tremor in an STX Package. It gives just enough without all the (mostly) unnecessary things the XLT has.

The comparison above likely has the Value Package, the backup and towing feature and has the sliding rear glass which all adds up to about $5500. A plain XLT with just the tremor package is just under 54k.

But hot damn that's a good looking truck.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I still am waiting to see a true side by side review of the gas powered Tremor and a Power Wagon. That’s what I really want to see!

Oilbrnr

Yeah, I'll be doing everything but the gears and locker myself.

My BDS dealer can install the lift for nearly free. So cheap that it's not worth my time to do. But I've always felt it's best to wrench as much as possible ourselves, before overlanding anything. We really need to understand steering and suspension in this hobby.
I think you'd be smart to go this route over the Tremor package. End up with a better suspension too. I'd say perhaps skip the front locker, but if you're re-gearing anyway...

Wallygator

Adventurer

-----------
$10,000

This:

vs this

I have also come to the conclusion that the Tremor package is not worth it to me. You can build a better truck going with an XL and aftermarket items. The only thing that really differs from the Tremor package is the hill descent and other electro 4x4 stuff I don't want anyways. Can still get the locker with the XL and the skids if you want them, etc...
Get it with the 4.30 gears and you can add 37's stock and be about 3.88 or so on the final gear ratio. Add a cheaper ARB 2.5" suspension and be done saving thousands of dollars for future upgrades and trips. I don't want or need XLT level stuff or Apple crap play. A simple radio with MP3 and I'm good.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Yep. Depending what I find. Trucks on lots, have lame gears, but discounts to make up for it. I'll leave the front diff alone for as long as I can hang onto the stock gear ratios. Finding a 4.30 truck on a lot would be perfect.

When a Tremor XLT costs the same as STX diesel.......

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I don't know.. I don't think it's too bad.
By the time I got 35" Duratracs, the level lift, air dam and running boards optioned the power seat, did the diff vents... It would start adding up.

Plus I still wouldn't have the other items included in with the Tremor package or the added resale value.

Capture.PNG

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
An 7.3L XL with the $500 package to get cruise, an integrated trailer brake and the mini console is almost 60K here. By the time I add a few things like tires lift etc. Ill be pretty close to the 70K XLT Tremor I posted a few pages back. And I'll end up with a basic XL... Meh.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Joek6.5

I feel like the Tremor package is worth the extra cash for the suspension components it comes with alone. Has slightly larger shocks, differently tuned springs and lighter sway bars which all help off road compared to a cheap level or lift kit. If you plan on slapping a Carli kit or something on it then I can see it not being worthwhile unless you want the tech aspects of it and the limited slip axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles