Jeep Grand Cherokee WK (2005-2010) as ExPo vehicle

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Thanks for the link.

Did the diesel WK's come with QD2? How to tell which of the 3 systems a wk has?
Negative. My CRD has the QT2 system. There is a small badge on the center console that will say QD 2 if equipped.
I have had great success with QT2 and the rear locker.

vingtsun

My only issue/complaint is that the aftermarket for WK’s is very limited. I found rock rails (JCR) and skid plates (Goliath). 4XGuard had major aftermarket protection but, is now focusing strictly on upper control arms. CB Engineering has great engine upgrade parts (I have purchased several OM642 upgrade parts). Aftermarket parts are not a target rich environment....

phsycle

Adventurer
Compared to the Wrangler Unlimited, the Grand Cherokee is a lot smaller inside. If you need room for four and cargo, then consider the Jeep Commander. It has more squared-off body style and more rear overhang for extra cargo room. The chassis is the same as the Grand Cherokee's.

I know this thread is nearing a decade in age but I was surprised to read this. I thought the GC had more room inside. Never owned a JKU, so I’ve never done a side x side comparison.

Charles R

Adventurer
Yeah they're surprisingly small inside. The interior trim hides a lot of empty space behind and under the panels, in favor of making the inside look nice. Plus the boxy shape favors the wrangler over the sharply sloped hatch of the grand.

KUJeeper82

Unless you're going to use takeoff JK tires, might want to look into a proper offset dedicated rim setup for a little more than the spacers.

I went with 17X8.5 -6 Offset 5x127 MB Motoring TKO Black alloy rims and mounted 285/70-17 Duratracs. These were from Discount Tire Direct Ebay Store back in 2016 and I have had great success. They were running a promo at the time on Ebay for $100 off every $400 order... I made five separate orders so basically got the rims for free. Those promos might be going away with the economy tanking though, worth keeping an eye on them though if stores get desperate to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles