2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

D45

Explorer
I just ran the BDS 2" level on my truck. Tossed on some 18" Cragars and I was able to clear 34x12.50R18 BFG K02's with very minimal rubbing. Still off road and be fine kinda rubbing. Seemed like the best option for me without going full lift.

Pics?

I ran 34s on my F150 , with a ton of room to spare......on a 2.5" lift

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress

Post #38 or so there are pictures.

buellconvert

Just snapped these in the driveway
22798aa350fd8d07c9c7145792c5ee5a.jpg
bf61bae3370fdfc053d02fef975325d0.jpg
1dd099f989a1617220552c3e90d29dc1.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
A guy at work has a 2015 Silverado

We installed a 2.5" front/2" rear kit on his truck

With the stock 18" wheels, he is running somewhat small 285/60/18 (31.5 x 11.20) without any rubbing issues and he says he could definitely go one size larger

D45

Explorer
This truck is smooth

The interior is smaller than my old Super Crew F150- but the fit and finish is so much better on the Silverado

I like the one piece - large diameter aluminum rear driveshaft - it is smooth. No carrier bearing or defective slip yoke metal to clunk around

Getting a solid 18 mpg right now

I might try an AFM disabler to see how it affects mileage

buellconvert

This truck is smooth

The interior is smaller than my old Super Crew F150- but the fit and finish is so much better on the Silverado

I like the one piece - large diameter aluminum rear driveshaft - it is smooth. No carrier bearing or defective slip yoke metal to clunk around

Getting a solid 18 mpg right now

I might try an AFM disabler to see how it affects mileage
I have disabled my afm with the Range unit it's been a very small difference, if any at all . I feel it's definitely worth any decrease in mileage to lose the afm, I couldn't stand it

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
I bought a Range AFM disabler today

I have been very please with the mpg of the 5.3L and the overall smoothness of the truck motor and trans

D45

Explorer
I am looking for a fiberglass bed cap for my truck - if anyone knows of a nicer used one please let me know

5'8" bed

SoTxAg06

I am looking for a fiberglass bed cap for my truck - if anyone knows of a nicer used one please let me know

5'8" bed

Searching Facebook classifieds for your area? Might be the best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
After some snow today , I noticed there is water on the inside of the rear sliding window......

Third brake light housing leaking?

D45

Explorer
The third brake light was removed and there was easy 2 ounces of water inside

One of the three bulbs was blown out - likely from heat and moisture

The cavity behind the third brake lenses was pretty damp. I am letting it all dry out overnight

The areas for the two mount screw sure sits at a bad angle and seems to also hold water. No gasket either for the mounting screws.

The gasket for the third brake light is foam - which will absorb and hold moisture

I am using black RTV around the foam gasket area and clear 100% silicon around the lense

Terrible quality. Not pleased

SoTxAg06

After some snow today , I noticed there is water on the inside of the rear sliding window......

Third brake light housing leaking?

Apparently, this is also a problem on the 2019+. I’ve read that it was a issue on the 2014-18s also. I believe in the 14-18 it is either attributed to the brake light or the sealant around the brake light. From what I can tell, the 19s has to do with the air dam.

I had a 2010 2500 that had the cab marker lights. One of those developed a micro crack which let water into the cab. I replaced the light, resealed it to the cab, and the problem was solved. I would look for water in your brake light to see if that is the source.

Edit: just saw you posted while I was posting this. I would get a new brake light and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles