Concealed Carry - What Have You Got?

shade

So you read it. Interesting......and that means you fully understood the two different points that were discussed and disagreed upon? Yet, the biggest issue, the issue you've been trolling all day about is the deleting of an individuals content. I'm sorry, who made you "content troll police"?

Right, because everybody that quotes you is out to get you? This kind of stuff is the main reason I never got a forum permit, I can't tell you how many of the folks I work with brag about harassing forum members over a routine post, deleting their content and PMing them then running IP addresses as if they are felony criminals, not sure about Yahoo! but to get a forum permit here you have to go thru a process and get signed off by the local admin, kind of eliminates trolls from getting one but the honest still get treated like dirt because they dare exercise their 1st amendment right!
One more reason I Love Second Life, you can keep your membership and post from anywhere in your vehicle legally, never tell a mod that you have different IPs and never get treated like a criminal for having one, I support mods right up to the point they pull some of their stuff acting better than others, breaking rules and pulling crap like this, criminal with Superuser rights is no better than the common criminal!

GHI

Adventurer
Maybe, maybe not. I didn't find much more after a quick Googling.

No matter the outcome, at least Mr. Gonzalez took appropriate action when he believed he'd been wronged, and I respect that decision. Not even the most fervent defender of LEOs or of the 2A should want officers acting unlawfully, no matter the reason.
I don’t know the specifics of that incident, but the outcome is relevant. It doesn’t hold any value as It was presented for the purpose of this discussion. We don’t know what really happened. None of us were there. We saw some edited media video.

People can be persuaded to think they were wronged if there’s a payday at the end of It all.

shade

I don’t know the specifics of that incident, but the outcome is relevant. It doesn’t hold any value as It was presented for the purpose of this discussion. We don’t know what really happened. None of us were there. We saw some edited media video.

People can be persuaded to think they were wronged if there’s a payday at the end of It all.
No argument from me on any of that. I was hoping to find a court document or something more concrete.

When I said, "Maybe, maybe not," I was referring to something wrong happening, not that the news video presented an incomplete account. Sorry for any confusion.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Right, because everybody that quotes you is out to get you? This kind of stuff is the main reason I never got a forum permit, I can't tell you how many of the folks I work with brag about harassing forum members over a routine post, deleting their content and PMing them then running IP addresses as if they are felony criminals, not sure about Yahoo! but to get a forum permit here you have to go thru a process and get signed off by the local admin, kind of eliminates trolls from getting one but the honest still get treated like dirt because they dare exercise their 1st amendment right!
One more reason I Love Second Life, you can keep your membership and post from anywhere in your vehicle legally, never tell a mod that you have different IPs and never get treated like a criminal for having one, I support mods right up to the point they pull some of their stuff acting better than others, breaking rules and pulling crap like this, criminal with Superuser rights is no better than the common criminal!
Just a pathetic little troll on multiple levels aren't you.

ventura911

Adventurer
Of course, since you and ventura haven't heard of it there's no way it happens, typical troll behavior.
:::Sigh::: I’m sorry, my end of the Internet must not be working well today. I don’t believe I ever said anything to suggest bad cops don’t exist. In fact, I seem to recall typIng something like:
I won’t argue that there are some cops who should not wear the badge,

...and...

“If you have knowledge of violations of the law by officers on your two local agencies, and are close personal friends with dozens of officers who are bragging about doing such things, then you should inform the IA units for the agencies and reconsider who your friends are.”

...but maybe the Internet lost these comments?

Last edited:

shade

:::Sigh::: I’m sorry, my end of the Internet must not be working well today. I don’t believe I ever said anything to suggest bad cops don’t exist. In fact, I seem to recall typIng something like:

...and...

“If you have knowledge of violations of the law by officers on your two local agencies, and are close personal friends with dozens of officers who are bragging about doing such things, then you should inform the IA units for the agencies and reconsider who your friends are.”

...but maybe the Internet lost these comments?
We have the same internet.
Probably a conspiracy.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
When a bigger gun is needed I have a compact Springfield XD in 9mm, but most of the time a small kel-tec 32 in a pocket holster does the trick, It can be concealed in a pair of shorts and flip flops etc. If in an iffy carry situation, I like to keep a good fighting knife nearby.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
You're better off with that knife than your Keltec.

Had the same pistol. And even a Kahr p380. Same thing but 3 times more expensive. Both proved impractical during advanced training (4). I used to carry them when I don't want to carry. Now I just skip them. If they were heavier, they'd more effective thrown at a target.

I still have a Jframe, but it's nearly useless as well, but more effective when thrown. ffs.

GHI

Adventurer
Soooooo, in the summer I CCW a 38 S&W cause it’s an easy fit in my shorts pocket and I wear Rainbow sandals until a half inch of snow. Winter months I prefer a Colt 1911 .45 cal cause I’m wearing a Woolrich flannel and super cool Orvis wax canvas vest. The awesome leather from Beltman belts helps. Really though the baby Glock 26 is the most used cause it just works for whatever.

I should for sure start a YouTube channel. Please follow me on Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter. #nevergonnahappen

shade

You're better off with that knife than your Keltec.

Had the same pistol. And even a Kahr p380. Same thing but 3 times more expensive. Both proved impractical during advanced training (4). I used to carry them when I don't want to carry. Now I just skip them. If they were heavier, they'd more effective thrown at a target.

I still have a Jframe, but it's nearly useless as well, but more effective when thrown. ffs.
What didn't you like about the Kahr?
Or was it an issue with the caliber?

MOguy

Explorer
the issue where we are far off is what you said in your post #148 "a CCW-holder can unnecessarily escalate the situation by withholding that bit of information" And that is where you are so so very very wrong! When an officer does not have any idea that someone is lawfully armed, then the officer’s reaction to seeing the print of a gun, a holster on the belt, or other indication of a weapon is limited to just that and his or her reaction may be different than if the CCW holder had informed them.

On a form such as this we only see the written word it's hard to know exactly what your intent is and what you're trying to communicate but I take that is extremely arrogant on your part and it reeks of condescension. I’ll say it again—I support everyone’s right to carry legally and per the Second Amendment; however, some common sense will avert misunderstandings during a contact and everyone will be safe.

It really doesn't matter what you say as much as what the person receiving your message hears. I feel that when you say we let the judge sort it makes me feel you really don't care about the people you're dealing with, more condescension. It simply means that if you take issue with anything you are charged with, there is an entire justice system, both criminal and civil, ready to hear the matter; there is no need to argue with the officer in the field.

As a CCW holder we have had a background check, and my Sheriff feels there's no issue with me carrying a concealed a weapon. We have already done more than we should have to! And now you want to question us as CCW holders about doing the right thing.Yes, you had a background check when the sheriff issued your CCW, but that does not mean that, at the time of the stop, you have a free pass when it comes to any criminal behavior you might then be committing. As to your comment about already having done more than you should have to in order to carry, I agree; I believe that, barring a criminal record or mental health issues that make you a danger to yourself or others, you should have the right to carry without any permit or other authorization from a governmental agency. That’s not the world we live in, however, and I’m only trying to comment on how to make it easier for both CCW holder and the officer to have a safe encounter. What’s wrong with that?
[/QUOTE]

you say your pro-second Amendment. if that were the case then everybody who is a US if that were the case then everybody who is a US citizen, unless they are a criminal or too young, Could be lawfully armed. why would it bother you if somebody's printing? I can see if there's some sort of issue and they're reaching somewhere and you don't know what's going on but if you just see somebody printing and they're doing nothing wrong and it bothers you you are not pro 2nd Amendment, quit lying. if I were you I would assume everybody was caring and everybody was out to get me but I want her asking about it. But I wouldn't be a police officer, but I'm thankful there are people like you who will do the job.

you keep talking about a free pass or people doing something when they're pulled over, every citizen of the United States of America, without exception, is innocent until proven guilty, aren't they?

I'm not talking about walking to a bank robbery I'm talking about pulling somebody over for speeding.

If I'm doing 60 in a 55 you pulled me over for speeding. You ask me for my license my registration and insurance I show it all to you. You can ask me why you think I was pulled over, I will tell you I was speeding or maybe I didn't you think didn't realize I was speeding. At this point you probably already ran my license plates you run my license, check into all my paperwork and make sure everything's fine. If everything's fine you give me a ticket you tell me by signing I'm not admitting to guilt just that I promised to show up in court or pay the fine. I will go about my day and you will go about yours that's it, isn't it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior