Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Can't build the 2020 Super dutys on Ford.ca yet. Built one on Ford.com. Came in under 60K for an 7.3L F-250 XLT with a few options. So up here in Canada I suspect it would be near 75K? More than I'd want to spend on a truck!

View attachment 551453
View attachment 551454
Finally Ford.ca will let you build 2020 Super Duties. I think I was close when I said it would be a 75K CDN truck. Spec'd it out the same as the one I built on Ford.com above.

Nice truck. But, that's pretty pricey to me. I kinda wish you could get them with the 6.2L and 10 speed.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
The Tremor is a great looking truck, and the 7.3 should be a great engine for people who want a hard working truck but don't want the cost and/or hassles of a modern diesel, or who have to make a bunch of short trips, or who live in really cold climates. (Yes, all diesel issues can be overcome, but for some folk its just not the right choice.)

I get where Ford is going with the Tremor package - its a Heavy Duty that can haul and tow like a Heavy Duty, but can also go off-road (as opposed to the PW which is an off-road truck, that has HD bones but not HD capability with regard to hauling and towing). So yes, I'm psyched on the Tremor concept.

But I can't get over the block lift on the rear axle. Seriously? A block lift? Those sucked in the 70s and 80s. Am I missing something? Have they actually gotten better? Someone school me. As far as I can tell, its the cheapest way possible to clear a bigger tire, but handling suffers. At my local Toyota dealer they are selling dealer-lifted Tacomas also just on blocks. I looked at my buddy who is a service tech there and said "Are you f-in kidding me?" He laughed and rolled his eyes. For kicks I took one for a spin, and it drove just as crappy as I remember my 1978 block-lifted Jeep drove.

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
blocks are standard opp for OEM, have been for years.

Typically the only difference between a 3/4 and 1-ton Ford are difference size rear blocks, and possibly an overload leaf and pads.

phsycle

Adventurer
Even the F150 has ~1” blocks from the factory. No big deal. Rides fine. No need to get huffy puffy without actually riding one first.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The Tremor is a great looking truck, and the 7.3 should be a great engine for people who want a hard working truck but don't want the cost and/or hassles of a modern diesel, or who have to make a bunch of short trips, or who live in really cold climates. (Yes, all diesel issues can be overcome, but for some folk its just not the right choice.) I'm a fan of push-rod engines and according to TFL, the 7.3 is actually underrated, and probably makes more power than Ford reports (based on early dyno testing).

I get where Ford is going with the Tremor package - its a Heavy Duty that can haul and tow like a Heavy Duty, but can also go off-road (as opposed to the PW which is an off-road truck, that has HD bones but not HD capability with regard to hauling and towing). So yes, I'm psyched on the Tremor concept.

But I can't get over the block lift on the rear axle. Seriously? A block lift? Those sucked in the 70s and 80s. Am I missing something? Have they actually gotten better? Someone school me. As far as I can tell, its the cheapest way possible to clear a bigger tire, but handling suffers. At my local Toyota dealer they are selling dealer-lifted Tacomas also just on blocks. I looked at my buddy who is a service tech there and said "Are you f-in kidding me?" He laughed and rolled his eyes. For kicks I took one for a spin, and it drove just as crappy as I remember my 1978 block-lifted Jeep drove.

How long has it been since you've looked at a new truck. Every 4wd solid rear axle truck has blocks from the factory. All of them. And they all ride fine. The Rams have a set of 10mm of so blocks so they can fine tune the ride height. Mine has three of them...plus my 1" lift block. It rides better than stock with my King IFPs.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Is Ford going to offer skid plates?

Engine oil pan is generally exposed on most trucks as they come from the factory, but putting a cooler that low just seems like a bad idea waiting to happen..especially in a truck that is being marketed as "off-road" ready.

Disclaimer - I have a 2020 on order (not the Tremor, but as close as possible with an 8' bed), so have done quite a bit of research.

I see that they are offering transfer case and fuel tank skid plates but I don't see a mention of anything else. I would have to see how low it hangs - a lot of the time the front axle gives pretty good protection to the oil pan and it isn't far back enough to suffer contact in a high breakover angle scrub.

Ford and ARB are partnering on SuperDuty add-ons, but at this point I haven't seen any info on what those bits and pieces might be.

Explorerinil

Observer
Is Ford going to offer skid plates?

Engine oil pan is generally exposed on most trucks as they come from the factory, but putting a cooler that low just seems like a bad idea waiting to happen..especially in a truck that is being marketed as "off-road" ready.
I view it as an off-road package like the gm at4 or z71. The tremor has some good parts and will fit the bill for people hauling a camper in a ruff area, but it’s no dedicated off road truck like a raptor or power wagon.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ford and ARB are partnering on SuperDuty add-ons, but at this point I haven't seen any info on what those bits and pieces might be.

Good to here.

I have had MANY people ********** about my ARB modular on my 2011...

As they want one for their newer truck :LOL:

Oilbrnr

How long has it been since you've looked at a new truck. Every 4wd solid rear axle truck has blocks from the factory. All of them. And they all ride fine. The Rams have a set of 10mm of so blocks so they can fine tune the ride height. Mine has three of them...plus my 1" lift block. It rides better than stock with my King IFPs.
Correction would be solid LEAF sprung solid rear axle truck. I haven't looked at all of them, so not sure that could be taken as a global statement. 4th+ gen 2500 RAMs are coil, so different setup entirely. However, the bigger the block, the greater the amount of axle wrap that will occur under load, which can help induce hop. Depends on the truck, but there is a point where it is better to have proper length and arch to the spring.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Correction would be solid LEAF sprung solid rear axle truck. I haven't looked at all of them, so not sure that could be taken as a global statement. 4th+ gen 2500 RAMs are coil, so different setup entirely. However, the bigger the block, the greater the amount of axle wrap that will occur under load, which can help induce hop. Depends on the truck, but there is a point where it is better to have proper length and arch to the spring.

Obviously, but I didn’t think that was something that needed to be pointed out.

Current HD trucks all have enough power that if it were truly an issue, we’d see it. And we just don’t. Factory blocks are a nonissue. Have you personally seen differently or are you just parroting what you’ve read somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalko43

Explorer
I view it as an off-road package like the gm at4 or z71. The tremor has some good parts and will fit the bill for people hauling a camper in a ruff area, but it’s no dedicated off road truck like a raptor or power wagon.

I get that but still....why put a vial cooler that low where it is vulnerable?

Just seems like Ford doesn't think some of these things through.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
You should see the Dodge I've got coming. In the pics that I was provided, the DEF tank is 4" off of the ground. Why Dodge copied the worst thing that GM has ever done, is mind boggling to me.

I'm considering trading up to a 7.3/4.30 Tremor instead of building my Ford. I think I've got one of the bad wiring harnesses acting up. Will see what my tech says. It should be an easy fix once Ford oks a warranty harness.

As for the rear springs, block concerns. Call Carli. They have Deaver springs that can go in with out blocks. And they aren't a fortune or anything. These trucks will wheel hop in mud. But it's been more of something that I blame on lame AT tires, than the trucks fault. The traction control does it's job, which makes it hop worse. Try some Cooper stt pros.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
You should see the Dodge I've got coming. In the pics that I was provided, the DEF tank is 4" off of the ground. Why Dodge copied the worst thing that GM has ever done, is mind boggling to me.

I'm considering trading up to a 7.3/4.30 Tremor instead of building my Ford. I think I've got one of the bad wiring harnesses acting up. Will see what my tech says. It should be an easy fix once Ford oks a warranty harness.

As for the rear springs, block concerns. Call Carli. They have Deaver springs that can go in with out blocks. And they aren't a fortune or anything. These trucks will wheel hop in mud. But it's been more of something that I blame on lame AT tires, than the trucks fault. The traction control does it's job, which makes it hop worse. Try some Cooper stt pros.

One nice thing about the 7.3/4.3 Tremor is that it is also available for the non-Tremors. I was able to order my F-350 from the factory with the 4.30 rear end which will make going to bigger tires easy.

85_Ranger4x4

Obviously, but I didn’t think that was something that needed to be pointed out.

Current HD trucks all have enough power that if it were truly an issue, we’d see it. And we just don’t. Factory blocks are a nonissue. Have you personally seen differently or are you just parroting what you’ve read somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blocks are less than ideal but as long as you are not stacking them or run thicker than OEM generally you are ok.

Both my trucks have the factory blocks in them, I have never noted a problem with them (even with one of them running 2x factory power)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz