The Ultimate Troopy: 80 series + 75 series + LS v8 = LSJ155

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
End of a long hard few days when I posted the above pics, hence no description.

Frame fresh from the blaster, not pictured is front axle housing and associated parts. Rear housing we had a spindle damaged beyond repair so a replacement housing was sourced. That along with the body on the rotisserie, doors and inner fenders were swapped for the frame and front axle parts today.

The steering box pictured is new OEM Toyota 105-series with the bigger sector shaft. Obviously that is for the Troopy.

Just got to get the sand out of the frame and tape off the axle parts and it is all going in for paint early next week.

The build will be cranking along over the next few months. Pretty much got everything in hand to build the new rolling chassis and as mentioned our power train is coming back soon as well.

I am excited to build the chassis and get the metal work done on the body. The build will really start to take form in the next 2-3 months.

Cheers

Davidp14

Wow indeed. A lot of labor going into this project.

I'd be interested to know how much a project like this costs in total.

WOODY2

Adventurer
I think it’s one of those “if you have to ask” questions...
I think it could be called a "crime of passion". Truly a one of a kind and to that end it really doesn't matter. Kudos to the owner and fabricator for having a dream and fullfilling it. it.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I think it could be called a "crime of passion". Truly a one of a kind and to that end it really doesn't matter. Kudos to the owner and fabricator for having a dream and fullfilling it. it.

Thank you.

You all know when this will get really good!?

When this truck and it’s owner are on an around the world drive! :cool:

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Body is back in the shop after sealing it up.

7F6C1185-3F5C-468A-907D-D70D2F4213FA.jpeg1DCB2D92-82BB-4F65-9811-5172721D038A.jpeg

Had a few issues with rear differential carrier bolts and I want to use solid pinion spacers to set up the 3rd members. All of the last parts should be here early to mid next week and then we build a rolling chassis!

Body repairs probably starting next week as well.

Cheers

TonyLC

I'd be interested to know how much a project like this costs in total.

I think it’s one of those “if you have to ask” questions...

Maybe. Asking anyone how much they paid for something is generally in bad taste. A dollar to one person means something entirely different to another. I'd take freedom and a decent income over wealth and chains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles