Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Rin,
Do you have a drawing of dimensions for the Canopy Camper like you posted for the khaya? Wondering about how this would work with a flatbed and toolbox setup.

Now you are talking :cool:

5QTWxoW.png

Also could anyone take a head on pic for me? Wondering how well it tucks in on a Tacoma.

Here are a few angle shots for you on a Tacoma https://ok4wd.com/blog/online-garage-2019-toyota-tacoma-outfitted-alu-cab-canopy-camper/

smlobx

Wanderer
Rin any update on the Alu-Cab canopy (not the camper) I ordered one in November and am hoping our dealer in Asheville will,be getting it soon. I understand that you are the main US distributor for Alu-Cab.

@camodog - curious what rin says but from looking at it because i have an idea of reworking the door i dont see why not. all of the hinges / brackets can be reversed easily, might need to drill a few holes for strut mount. Only thinkg that might be an issue would be the handle latch- not sure if it could be "flipped" (i will be getting rid of it if i do my rework)
Also someone had asked for a head on pic:
first- the 8020 framing is the dimensions of the Canopy Camper ~within an inch
second self explainatory
third- close up of the beauty panel i added to eliminate the wind trap from the spacersIMG_1431.JPGIMG_1503.JPGIMG_1486noted.jpg

camodog

Adventurer
@camodog - curious what rin says but from looking at it because i have an idea of reworking the door i dont see why not. all of the hinges / brackets can be reversed easily, might need to drill a few holes for strut mount. Only thinkg that might be an issue would be the handle latch- not sure if it could be "flipped" (i will be getting rid of it if i do my rework)
Also someone had asked for a head on pic:
first- the 8020 framing is the dimensions of the Canopy Camper ~within an inch
second self explainatory
third- close up of the beauty panel i added to eliminate the wind trap from the spacersView attachment 561770View attachment 561771View attachment 561772

Please keep me updated on this, wife and I are really wanting to keep the RHS awning.
I guess the brackets for the awning would also need a rework and the same for the shower cube i ordered (flip that to the driver side)

Let me know what you do even if it is by PM, I am very interested in the door flip

camodog

Adventurer
fwiw - the dealer I ordered the canopy from said the door flip is not possible directly from Alu-Cab, nor is there a bracket for a RHS awning.
I am still hoping that @rino can persuade Alu-cab to flip the door, shower cube, and awning brackets for me.

My vehicle is a Jeep Gladiator which doesn’t even get the table storage which is another big bummer

Last edited:

2012Taco

AlumEscape
fwiw - the dealer I ordered the canopy from said the door flip is not possible directly from Alu-Cab, nor is there a bracket for a RHS awning.
I am still hoping that @rino can persuade Alu-cab to flip the door, shower cube, and awning brackets for me.

My vehicle is a Jeep Gladiator which doesn’t even get the table storage which is another big bummer

I ordered in September and they could not/would not flip the door, and I believe their main objection was that the locking arm and door strut bracket would need to be re-engineered. I was able to order with a RHS awning and having the shower cube and table slide under the overhang reversed. I've been told my unit arrived on shore earlier this month and am scheduled for install 1/28.

I intend to flip the rear door at some point as it will work better with the RHS awning and where I intend to mount propane and cook setups. I'll be starting a new build thread as well and will cross link to here as I make progress.

camodog

Adventurer
I ordered in September and they could not/would not flip the door, and I believe their main objection was that the locking arm and door strut bracket would need to be re-engineered.

Thank you for the info! Glad to hear that we can still use our RHS Awning.
After delivery, I guess I’ll order brackets and the shower cube. I am looking forward to your build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles