Rivan - Tank Turn

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
The world is also changing. Practical electric cars are now available. But the cars in this event will travel 1200 – 3020 km without recharging, using one tenth of the power.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
They don't weigh as much as the cybertruck, nor are they aerodynamically inefficient (like the Cybertruck), and they have much more efficient tyres (narrow ones).
So, yes, you can make a solar car, but slapping a little solar panels on the Cybertruck won't make it travel 15 miles. Hell, the little room there is for solar panels on the Cybertruck won't even be enough to cool down the interior much.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Is the Rivian so uninteresting that after three posts we aren't talking about it anymore?

I think it was the tank turn that wasn't something really spectacular in itself (although it kind of is). I don't think people can imagine when they'd use something like that. Same thing with a hydraulic "parking" brake: Only useful if you're rallying or drifting or something, and therefore not something you'd consider super interesting in itself.
I do like the Rivian - a bit too much, I think.

D

Deleted member 9101

I think it was the tank turn that wasn't something really spectacular in itself (although it kind of is). I don't think people can imagine when they'd use something like that.

I could have definitely used it today to get in and out of a parking spot...lol.

docwatson

Adventurer
The tank turn is gimmicky for sure and useful, maybe never (well apparently except parking in FL). My guess is Rivian just wanted some publicity. Tesla gets, 90%?, and Rivian wants some.

Maybe once they start delivering vehicles they will get a little more attention.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Quicker than making gas from scratch.
Obviously you have never sat behind a bovine? Just kidding, personally I'm eager for someone to bring a viable product to market and I suspect that will be the Rivian. At that point in time development will really become intense to capture and improve the market.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Tank turn is amusing, and I am sure some otherwise ’coalroller’ would use that to showoff.
Its going to be the new ”Rockford” for TV and movies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, couldn't this Mitsubishi do tank turn doughnuts in this movie to cause a dust storm or something?

download.jpg

x1080.jpg

Reactions: jjr

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Tank steer was pretty popular in rock crawling comps years past.
You can do it fairly well with the diffs open and cutting brakes if they are plumbed correctly.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Tank steer was pretty popular in rock crawling comps years past.
You can do it fairly well with the diffs open and cutting brakes if they are plumbed correctly.
And they got that from hydraulic drag brake levers on dune / sand rails, no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles