World's first electric rally car - and you can buy one!

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Opel (Vauxhall for the Brits) has made an electric rally car!
It will be priced at £46k:

The rally version retains the 134 horsepower front-wheel-drive electric motor and 50kWh battery of the £26,490 Corsa-e that it is based on. Upgrades include a rally-spec suspension, a taller and wider body, rally wheels and of course some sweet decals.

Imagine how great it will be to watch something like that and you only get a little whine, but all the mechanical sounds of the wheels, suspension etc.

billiebob

The only thing I hate about e-racers is the sound, I mute the sound watching Formula e.

Last edited:

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
The only thing I hate about e-racers is the sound, I mute the sound watching Formula e.

True, but with a rally car, you also have the sound of gravel, mud, and stone throwing. Formula E (or F1) has never been something I watched. I can't relate to it in any way.

billiebob

True, but with a rally car, you also have the sound of gravel, mud, and stone throwing. Formula E (or F1) has never been something I watched. I can't relate to it in any way.
Motorsports is Motorsports, from Brighton to Baja, Pikes Peak to Isle of Mann I watch them all. Indy to Camel Trophy is is all about the competition. Living in the greener part of North America I am now enjoying the local mountain bike races. And proud to say we have some of the first adaptive trails for handicapped mountain bikers on trikes and quads.

Any handicapped bikers out there come to Nakusp BC and see our Mount Abriel Trails and Shons Bike and Ski.

DSCN1622.jpg

Last edited:

billiebob

And you can buy one....

I've been there with rally cars and tho I loved it 45 years ago..... It only took 2 years to realize how expensive driving anything fast was. I much prefer the challenge of overlanding with the objective of slow and steady, don't break anything, Live Another Day.

jack-bauer-kiefer-sutherland-mary-lynn-rajskub-chloe-obrian-tradeoff-situation-24-live-another...jpg

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Yeah, well, some of us like to go fast. That said, I like bicycle touring too (can't get much slower than that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles