Quick little diy table with my hdx storage box

camartin188

Hey all.
I made a simple 36” high table for cooking on. I’m always a big fan of using what you got. So I made some table legs to prop up the lid of my “kitchen” box.

Attachments

• 72F1EC50-3D4D-4898-817E-1CA661A1DE74.jpeg
    72F1EC50-3D4D-4898-817E-1CA661A1DE74.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
  • 927738CA-CA1A-4770-947D-8B4970022199.jpeg
    927738CA-CA1A-4770-947D-8B4970022199.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 229

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I like it. It reminds me of the "Leg Assembly" kit that was available for the surplus aluminum medical cases that would turn them into tables:

IMG_20160207_135259.jpg

I still have this setup in the garage, but it's bigger/heavier than I need at the moment.

robert

Expedition Leader
You know Coleman made a stove stand for many years, they show up on ebay although some folks seem to think they're made of gold. They're surprisingly strong and the later model aluminum versions don't weigh much.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
You know Coleman made a stove stand for many years, they show up on ebay although some folks seem to think they're made of gold. They're surprisingly strong and the later model aluminum versions don't weigh much.
The updated version of the Coleman Camp Kitchen includes a stove stand that is intended to be attached to the main kitchen table, but which can also be used separately. (Which I usually do since on uneven ground it works best to have it decoupled from the other table legs.)

IMG_20190907_064114.jpg

Seen here on the RHS under my kitchen box.
It's pretty sturdy and stores in the kitchen table "suitcase" (although it could also be transported in a separate bag like the cheap fold-up camp chairs...

WVI

Adventurer
Herbie,
I have one of those old aluminum med boxes. I had no idea there were legs for them.

robert

Expedition Leader
The updated version of the Coleman Camp Kitchen includes a stove stand that is intended to be attached to the main kitchen table, but which can also be used separately. (Which I usually do since on uneven ground it works best to have it decoupled from the other table legs.)

View attachment 555869

Seen here on the RHS under my kitchen box.
It's pretty sturdy and stores in the kitchen table "suitcase" (although it could also be transported in a separate bag like the cheap fold-up camp chairs...

I hadn't seen that one, it's pretty nifty. I've just got the old school collapsing legs that expand open and hold the stove. I tried to find one of the Ozark Trail camp kitchen when they were on clearance last year but never was successful in my area. I usually just use the tailgate, a picnic table (if I'm at a campground) or my stand and I have a roll top type table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier