Two Rivian R1T being tested down in Tierra Del Fuego

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Somehow I had missed that big news. Pretty impressive I think.

It seems like Ewan McGregor's has a new travel show coming up. It looks like they may be driving the PanAm with these trucks (and with a support crew, with two Sprinter 4x4 and a Ford 6.2). And apparently even four(4) Harley LiveWire! Quite an odyssey.

(all images credit to AutoBlog.com.ar)

RIVIAN1.jpg

RIVIAN9.jpg

RIVIAN13.jpg

RIVIAN8.jpg
RIVIAN4.jpg

RIVIAN3.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
The say anything about how they are re-charging the Rivian enroute? That van in your post seems to have a large expandable solar array on the roof.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
The say anything about how they are re-charging the Rivian enroute? That van in your post seems to have a large expandable solar array on the roof.

They have posted multiple images on Instagram of the cars being plugged in various locations - hotels, gas stations and such. Not much details about how long it takes though, but given their fast pace I am guessing it's not too dramatic.

If they are truly continuing all the way up to Alaska without waiting for spring/summer, it will be interesting to see how the batteries fare in really cold temps.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Where will it air? YouTube, Netflix or Prime?

I read two books featuring Ewan McGregor on motorcycle trips and they were good reads. Looking forward to this.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
So, this had me looking up the first two trips again: Long way round and Long way down. It looks like they are on Amazon Prime according to google, but they are't showing up anywhere when I search my Amazon Prime when I'm logged in. Am I missing something? Does anyone know if Long way up be available on Amazon Prime?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles