Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

JB30

Looking at adding some KC Gravity Pro6 lights up top. Anyone have a light bar / windshield hoop that doesn't interfere with the opening of the J30?

JB30

Look at the one Chris has on his on venture 4wd

Yeah I’ve spent many hours watching Chris’ adventures. Seems like it may be the best choice for a hoop. Although not a huge fan how it attaches / how the bar just terminates straight.

The Rugged Ridge one looks a bit more elegant to me, but some bad reviews out there.

Part of me thinks I could even just mount the lights right to the top of the J30 roof, but probably makes a mess wiring wise.

JB30

Yeah I’ve spent many hours watching Chris’ adventures. Seems like it may be the best choice for a hoop. Although not a huge fan how it attaches / how the bar just terminates straight.

The Rugged Ridge one looks a bit more elegant to me, but some bad reviews out there.

Part of me thinks I could even just mount the lights right to the top of the J30 roof, but probably makes a mess wiring wise.

Well, I went and watched a bit of Venture4wd again and bit the bullet. Thanks for the poke in the right direction @ratled. More light (and a cool looking bar) en route!

ratled

Adventurer
Well, I went and watched a bit of Venture4wd again and bit the bullet. Thanks for the poke in the right direction @ratled. More light (and a cool looking bar) en route!
I saw this video of another one with lights on it for you JB30

Last edited:

JB30

I saw this video of another one with lights on it for you JB30

Hmm... already installed the Kargo master and a set of KC Pro6’s this weekend, but would love to know how he mounted his lights centered on that light bar. The mounts that I got from KC have them sitting way above the bar. Yet another piece of the puzzle to figure out!

83D15904-9319-48CA-888A-C56AEFDFAEF3.jpeg

ratled

Adventurer
Hmm... already installed the Kargo master and a set of KC Pro6’s this weekend, but would love to know how he mounted his lights centered on that light bar. The mounts that I got from KC have them sitting way above the bar. Yet another piece of the puzzle to figure out!

View attachment 549902
That came out nice! Better than mounting them to the J30.

JB30

Anyone have recommendations for roof rack rails? Looking fro something that runs the entire length of the J30 roof, the main use being a maxtrax and solar panels mount. Although would also look to have a couple removable cross bars if I ever need to lug extra gear.

JB30

Question #487 for the group... anyone installed a Apollointech switch panel (or sPod for that matter)? Seems pretty much impossible to get that bloody thing on there as designed (bolts to footman's loop) without removing the roof... Any creative solves out there?

Yuke

Adventurer
Question #487 for the group... anyone installed a Apollointech switch panel (or sPod for that matter)? Seems pretty much impossible to get that bloody thing on there as designed (bolts to footman's loop) without removing the roof... Any creative solves out there?
Go with a switch pros. Much more reliable, and easier to mount

Yuke

Adventurer
Anyone have recommendations for roof rack rails? Looking fro something that runs the entire length of the J30 roof, the main use being a maxtrax and solar panels mount. Although would also look to have a couple removable cross bars if I ever need to lug extra gear.

Some frontrunner tracks would work nicely. PM me if I can help as a dealer.

JB30

Go with a switch pros. Much more reliable, and easier to mount

That ship has kinda already sailed... Although I've read almost all positive things for the Apollointech. I'm usually not one to skimp, but I didn't need all the extra features of the sPod, etc. and people seemed to be happy with their Apollointech's, so took the leap. Pretty nicely built as well looking at it today in the flesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles