?’s about options on a custom order 2020 Ford F-350 6.2L gasser

phsycle

Adventurer
I’ve seen those power steps fail and often. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve see trucks and suv’s rolling down the road with one side down and other side up. Neighbor’s Platinum steps gave out last year. After 2 years of service. I’ll stick to regular stock steps. And if I’m worried about rock damage, I’ll go custom sliders.

Alloy

One more thing the stock Michelins are not very good..... horrible mud/snow tires. Ours were down to the wear marks after 18,000 (summer only) towing miles. We use BF KO2 in the winter.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I was looking at doing this a few years ago. Difference between 250 and 350 when spec'ed similarly is the 350 has taller blocks in the rear suspension so it sits up higher. FX4 shocks are cheesy but you also get hill descent control which is NOT cheesy.

If I was planning on ordering one of these trucks I would want a heavy aftermarket front bumper and winch which adds substantial weight to the front axle. In my experience with these setups I usually end up upgrading front springs so I would have ordered plow prep option even though I have no intention to ever plow (I live in Texas, we don't get much snow).

I know you also don't intend to tow, but the integrated trailer brake controller is amazing if you ever do.

I would order a XL package as the fancier ones add a lot of cost without any added value IMO. I'm a cloth seats and rubber floor kind of guy though. If you can stomach an extra $10k for dead cows stretched over the seats have at it.

I could spec all the options I wanted on the ford site for about 38k where your typical truck on the lot is around 50. Please note that manual shift transfer case is also one of my criteria. Most of the fancier packages preclude this option.

I put a set of Ford take off 265/75r17 Michelins on my Ram 2500 and got 60k out of them before I upgraded to 35's. Still had 60% when I took them off and the guy I sold them to (SRW Ram 3500) is still running them...

D

Deleted member 9101

I would order a XL package as the fancier ones add a lot of cost without any added value IMO. I'm a cloth seats and rubber floor kind of guy though. If you can stomach an extra $10k for dead cows stretched over the seats have at it.

XL with the STX package is a really good value. It gets you enough of the XLT goodies to make it less of a work truck.

jadmt

ignore button user
I was talking to my buddy yesterday who is a long term dealer mechanic (been a mechanic at the same place for like 36 years) at a large ford dealership in Columbus Ohio. He said they currently have 56 SD Fords being worked on under warranty in their transmission shop and no parts available from Ford. I told him I was interested in a new F250/350 gasser and he said I was nuts.

LosAngeles

I was talking to my buddy yesterday who is a long term dealer mechanic (been a mechanic at the same place for like 36 years) at a large ford dealership in Columbus Ohio. He said they currently have 56 SD Fords being worked on under warranty in their transmission shop and no parts available from Ford. I told him I was interested in a new F250/350 gasser and he said I was nuts.

whoah... that sounds very bad.

:-(

For better or for worse the timing is right to do this now.

it does make me think more about dropping approx $1,800 for the Ford extended warranty to take the warranty from 3 years out to 7 or 8 years.

Hmmmm

I won’t be putting a ton of miles on it, so likely a 100k miles, $100 deductible. From ford.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I would not get the BLIS, price out a tail light when they break.... I also would not get adaptive steer. I would get the ultimate camera sys, it is super handy in tight spots for me! I would probably get the dual alternators and upfitter switches, and wheel liners they are not that expensive. Good luck

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
56? Sounds more like a recall and those are new not sold trucks they are holding. I don't believe 56 broken down trucks are at their lot.

jadmt

ignore button user
56? Sounds more like a recall and those are new not sold trucks they are holding. I don't believe 56 broken down trucks are at their lot.
I just asked him to clarify and he said not recall related just 56 transmission jobs total in the shop and not many 10 speeds and not all trucks so that does change things. I was talking F250/350 so when he said they had 56 transmission jobs I assumed SD's but now sounds like that is not the case.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I just asked him to clarify and he said not recall related just 56 transmission jobs total in the shop and not many 10 speeds and not all trucks so that does change things. I was talking F250/350 so when he said they had 56 transmission jobs I assumed SD's but now sounds like that is not the case.
Hopefully its minor. I love my torqshift 6 speed compared to my allison or ram trannies.

LosAngeles

I would not get the BLIS, price out a tail light when they break.... I also would not get adaptive steer. I would get the ultimate camera sys, it is super handy in tight spots for me! I would probably get the dual alternators and upfitter switches, and wheel liners they are not that expensive. Good luck

Heya there

BLIS is standard on the Lariat.... (or at least one of the packages i am getting with it)... and the slight overhang of the camper will make it not work... so I'll go into the menu system and de-activate it.

I'm passing on the adaptive steer.... not worth the $$$ to me.

I am going to get the ultimate camera system.... I am getting the bigger alternator, the wheel liners, and the upfitter switches. I'm splurging and getting the LED headlights.

thanks! :)

deserteagle56

Adventurer

Something doesn't sound quite right here...I recently retired from from a mining company with literally hundreds of Superduties and the 6 speed trannies have NOT been a problem. Nor have I been reading about tranny problems on the forums either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles