Gladiator XMT

rpearce1475

Honestly anything would be better than our HMMWV (humvee, hummer H1 type) we use now. Those things suck, slow ponderous and break down allllll the time...

pittsburgh

tacocat
Yeah pretty long. I guess but I like them a lot. There are smaller than a power wagon. How do they compare to a zr2 or a Tacoma?

I was kind of thinking the same thing, I feel like they are pretty close in size I just haven't had a chance to park my Taco next to one.

I have parked me LJ next to one and they are quite a bit bigger than my LJ but I feel they are about the same as a Taco or ZR2

Justincredible

Adventurer
Yeah pretty long. I guess but I like them a lot. There are smaller than a power wagon. How do they compare to a zr2 or a Tacoma?
The Gladiator has a 9 inch longer wheel base than the Colorado or the Tacoma, and about 5.5 inches longer overall. (these are all in the 4 door short bed configuration)
It's also the most expensive when fully equipped.

Explorerinil

Observer
I like the idea of solid front axle and Lockers so a gladiator rubicon is a good option for me espically now that a diesel option is in the works.

I was just out exploring forest service roads above bass lake there were pickups pulling trailers everywhere! So I decided to try and look for something else. I saw this lake Chilcoot on the gps in my Jeep it’s called Chiquita on google earth. I drove the jeep towards it. The trail that goes up to it was very tight. Large rocks with trees to make sure you ask yourself. What was I Thinking? This is tight. ,! The jlur was pretty amazing I do not think a tacoma, ZR2 or even a gladiator would have made it without some damage. Well maybe a gladiator sporting 40s but the real issue was the very tight turns. Perhaps though it seemed worse to me because I was alone? Anyway the reward was not a pickup in sight total quiet and isolation. I think the trail is actuallly a stream bed dry at this time of year. Studded with 2 ‘ diameter boulders . Trees to weave through and loose cobble rocks. To me that underscores the reason I got a Jeep. Rubicon

pittsburgh

tacocat
I was just out exploring forest service roads above bass lake there were pickups pulling trailers everywhere! So I decided to try and look for something else. I saw this lake Chilcoot on the gps in my Jeep it’s called Chiquita on google earth. I drove the jeep towards it. The trail that goes up to it was very tight. Large rocks with trees to make sure you ask yourself. What was I Thinking? This is tight. ,! The jlur was pretty amazing I do not think a tacoma, ZR2 or even a gladiator would have made it without some damage. Well maybe a gladiator sporting 40s but the real issue was the very tight turns. Perhaps though it seemed worse to me because I was alone? Anyway the reward was not a pickup in sight total quiet and isolation. I think the trail is actuallly a stream bed dry at this time of year. Studded with 2 ‘ diameter boulders . Trees to weave through and loose cobble rocks. To me that underscores the reason I got a Jeep. Rubicon

Have a Tacoma and an LJ. The Tacoma never ceases to amaze me with how nimble it is.

I have driven my father in laws JLUR and its a sweet ride for sure, but I don't consider it to be that much more nimble or smaller than my Tacoma. Especially on a trail. My LJ feels so small after driving my Tacoma and his JLUR. If I was going to be concerned with how tight a trail was I don't think I would want anything my my LJ.

I think the approach angles are the biggest advantage a Wrangler Unlimited has over the Tacoma and Gladiator. Now if we are talking 2 door JL's, JK's then I think those are jeeps with a whole different should and purpose much like the older 2 door jeeps.

I guess all I am saying is some of these mid size trucks will blow your mind off road. I can see the Gladiator blowing up and being everywhere in the future, its going to be a very versatile platform.

Have a Tacoma and an LJ. The Tacoma never ceases to amaze me with how nimble it is.

I have driven my father in laws JLUR and its a sweet ride for sure, but I don't consider it to be that much more nimble or smaller than my Tacoma. Especially on a trail. My LJ feels so small after driving my Tacoma and his JLUR. If I was going to be concerned with how tight a trail was I don't think I would want anything my my LJ.

I think the approach angles are the biggest advantage a Wrangler Unlimited has over the Tacoma and Gladiator. Now if we are talking 2 door JL's, JK's then I think those are jeeps with a whole different should and purpose much like the older 2 door jeeps.

I guess all I am saying is some of these mid size trucks will blow your mind off road. I can see the Gladiator blowing up and being everywhere in the future, its going to be a very versatile platform.
I had both a jkur and a tacoma at the same time and there is no comparison. Thejlur sets the bar even higher I have friends that run TAP. They had a really nicely set up tacoma they sold it because it couldn’t keep up with their jeeps . Don’t get me wrong the tacoma is fine truck and good for overlanding. But to get away from the crowds I’ll take my Jeep any day sorry about th hijack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles