WTB heat exchanger shower system, or even just the heat exchanger

Chris21700

Observer
I used to have a R and M system in my Cruiser that worked great, sadly sold. If you have one sitting on the shelf let me know!!

J!m

Google “plate heat exchanger” and you have a scalding hot shower. I explained my plumbing somewhere but it’s fairly simple with a boat demand pump, tank, fittings and a cheap shower control from Home Depot.

Chris21700

Observer
Thanks for the reply J!m. I know the parts can be easily sourced, just thought someone might have one sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust...?

geronimo11

Thanks for the reply J!m. I know the parts can be easily sourced, just thought someone might have one sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust...
Any progress on heat exchanger build. I'm looking for a template for the ultimate HE build for my 07 Tacoma... Visions of hot showers after surfing... And maybe even a saltwater hot tub on a secluded Baja beach.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Chris21700

Observer
Any progress on heat exchanger build. I'm looking for a template for the ultimate HE build for my 07 Tacoma... Visions of hot showers after surfing... And maybe even a saltwater hot tub on a secluded Baja beach.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nope. It's on the back burner for now, maybe over the winter. I'll probably go with a unit from Helton, only one I have found to fit my application. (2013 4Runner) I used to have a system from R & M in my FJ that worked great!!! Sadly no longer in the business. Something to be said for instant, unlimited hot water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles