Land Rover TREK series coming back

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Smaller wheels for that beast so we don't have to pay $400 a tire for 19-20" low profile MT's?????????
Normally we use a 18in Compo wheel but for TreK we switched back to use the same tire as everyone else.

Attachments

• image_a70b4ab1-1b1d-4f9b-8ea1-201bb8681a1f.png
    image_a70b4ab1-1b1d-4f9b-8ea1-201bb8681a1f.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 51

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
My wife complains that the D5 is hard for her to climb up in even when its lowered - she's 5'2" with a bum knee and her mother who is 5'0" has an even harder time.
Do the Lucky 8 rock sliders provide a better step up for her to use to access the cabin for the vertically challenged?

Yes sir.
The tree bars make an excellent step to get in and out of the truck.

JeepColorado

Should be an exciting event- it's cool to see something like this return and a manufacturer make the investment! Hopefully they'll do one on Colorado

DieselRanger

@Fivespddisco Ok, so I saw a few Insta posts...will JLR NA release any film?

Or are they waiting for the finals next year, which seems like should be in the new Defender?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

catmann

76 photos of the event are here

It looks like an episode of Survivor, maybe Jeff Probst was there calling the play-by-play when they were filming...

Last edited:

DieselRanger

76 photos of the event are here

*GASP* Only three wheels on the ground?!?! However does it move with such a lack of ground contact??
63a638502fdab0568a71fd8173013304.jpg

mpinco

Expedition Leader
*GASP* Only three wheels on the ground?!?! However does it move with such a lack of ground contact??

Ah, nothing new there. My 70's IH Scout performed the same. Center locking diff. The best 4WD system I personally rode in was a 77 Jeep J20 Quadratrac with a suspension the owner purposely replaced with a 'soft' spring set because the factory 3/4ton springs 'rode too hard' for urban use. Soft suspension is good. Walked right up the gulches of broken down granite and moguls. Those sitting at the top watching the many failed attempts commented "Well THAT was boring". The new technology is better when you are cross-axled but that is easily planned for. Pick your line.

rpearce1475

Excellent timing this. Looking for a new vehicle this late spring/early summer, the new Defender is a contender (rhyme!) and the finals for this in January will be on familiar trails 45 min away from me, in the new Defender!

DieselRanger

Ah, nothing new there. My 70's IH Scout performed the same. Center locking diff. The best 4WD system I personally rode in was a 77 Jeep J20 Quadratrac with a suspension the owner purposely replaced with a 'soft' spring set because the factory 3/4ton springs 'rode too hard' for urban use. Soft suspension is good. Walked right up the gulches of broken down granite and moguls. Those sitting at the top watching the many failed attempts commented "Well THAT was boring". The new technology is better when you are cross-axled but that is easily planned for. Pick your line.
Yeah, I was being facetious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles