6 Family EMP Proof 36-38' Expedition Rig

bowpay

Hi All,

I hope that mentioning EMP proof doesn't get this post flagged. I was told not to mention this in SteelSoldiers but I think this is far from being a conspiracy theory when the Government is actively perusing options to limit EMP in the US (Trump signed an executive order on it).

I am starting the build in the title at the end of the month. We are a family of 6 in the USA and we need your help in finding the right chassis. We need a 6 seater crew cab (would prefer 4 seats in back but not required - drooling over a MAN TGS). So far I have narrowed the selection down to M927a2 (8.3 cummins) or a Freightliner (8.3 cummins). The issue with the M927a2 is I would have to have someone build out the cab to a crew cab. I haven't been able to find anyone in the US that has time or wants to build this rig and after talking to a parts dealer for the M900 series trucks I was warned that most conversions are done wrong because they don't include an inner roll cage to limit torsion. The Freightliner is a great option because I can find a crew cab but most are lacking off road capabilities or the 8.3 cummins. Also limited on how many trucks are actually EMP proof. I found a few but won't post the URLs until I figure out if they are legal to post in this forum. I did find the Tatra 815 which looks great but again the EMP proof thing is a problem.

Here is our requirements...

1. Crew Cab (the box will be a foam panel box so I want the kids in shoulder belts)
2. EMP Proof
3. 6x6 (conversions would be OK)
4. 34-36' Total length (Most likely will have to stretch the frame)

Thanks in advance!

NatersXJ6

Explorer
What state will you register in? EMP proof to me says all mechanical injection, and that is probably unobtainium in some states.

bowpay

What state will you register in? EMP proof to me says all mechanical injection, and that is probably unobtainium in some states.
Idaho. I already have a 91 Suburban 12v Cummins that is 100% EMP proof. No emissions or any of that crap here.

bowpay

:unsure: but what about when this EMP goes down and all the fuel delivery infrastructure ceases to function and you're getting 4mpg?
That's why I am towing a 91 Suburban 12v cummins. The 8.3 shares the same pump and some other parts. Also Suburban gets me 20mpg and with a 200gal tank on the expedition rig I can syphon when that time comes. We also have bikes and full solar incase an EMP isn't the trigger.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
You guys laugh but that's 3rd on my list. To be better concealed I would use camo for the awning and tree branches and bushes attached to the horses.
It really would be the best for the
That's the only EMP proof overland vehicle (although I don't think it'll pass emissions tests).
But maybe the emissions could be recycled to fuel something else? lol Around here they are trying to convert dump trucks to run on methane gas. Seriously.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
I hear the 'prepper' talk all the time, especially in the South when we travel. Have met preppers in NM and AZ for example, building underground housing, etc. My response has always been, there's more per capita, ammunition and guns in this country, than open roads, uninhabited prairies, fresh water, food, game, and of course, fuel, for us to avoid. You can have all of the ammo/guns for six, but as soon as a group of seven or more show up, watcha gonna do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne