2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDROVER

Explorer
Land rover of Pasadena and Land Rover encino cater 99.9% of mall crawlers and I am sure in that area ppl don’t have issues paying 30k over MSRP to be the first,
I think Umberto is the only person I know who would buy and bring it to Death Valley right off the dealer floor.

It’s just ridiculous that Land Rover even allows them to do that.
and this is very sad because that tells us they don’t care.

JeepColorado

In case anyone cares the NA Defender Order Guide is now out, not sure if the books are actually open yet for the US or not. Per Umbertob LR Pasadena is asking 20k over MSRP to even take an order and LR Encino is asking 30k over MSRP.

I like the last line of the intro:

View attachment 540833

And they even mention Jeep:
View attachment 540834

That link is outstanding- that's basically everything you'd ever want to know. I wonder how long the dealer upcharging will last?

JackW

Explorer
Mazda does not put up with that stuff, I just bought a 30th Anniversary Miata and paid MSRP less the $750 loyalty discount. For a special edition limited to 641 cars Nationwide that wasn't a bad deal.

Red90

Adventurer
But the thing you keep missing is that the Defender will be supremely comfortable on road and supremely capable off-road, in a class of its own. It will be able to drive 99.99% of the trails on earth

Bwahahahahaha.

Funniest thing I have read all week.

Clearly you have never been on anything approaching a difficult trail. It will handle moderate trails at it best and that is as good as it will get.

JackW

Explorer
US2017-143.jpg

Clearly you have never been on anything approaching a difficult trail. It will handle moderate trails at it best and that is as good as it will get.

I don't think the average customer who has just paid over $70K for a new vehicle is going to try driving it down a "difficult trail" - there are places I don't take my well equipped D-90 because I got over the foolish idea that because I have 4WD I can go anywhere mind set.
This is about as wild as I want to go these days. I think with the proper underbody protection the new Defender could make it up this hill easily.

I want to go places like this - comfortably and in something I enjoy driving:

dirtroad.jpeg

Last edited:

rlynch356

Defyota
Jack when yours comes in, let’s go for a weekend up there (I’m close) I’ll bring one of mine.
At URE I’m pretty sure the new defender will be fine everywhere except the frontside of Daniel. (Depending on if it’s been improved since last month)

REDROVER

Explorer
the Issue is that road conditions always change
what if you are on a long trail and u have to pass that one obstacle?
U gonna turn around?

Last edited:

Red90

Adventurer
I don't think the average customer who has just paid over $70K for a new vehicle is going to try driving it down a "difficult trail" - there are places I don't take my well equipped D-90 because I got over the foolish idea that because I have 4WD I can go anywhere mind set.
This is about as wild as I want to go these days. I think with the proper underbody protection the new Defender could mak

I’m not the one who said it could drive 99.99% of the trails in the world. The point is that they have made the new Land Rover something that is mediocre off road and it should be, IMO, world beating and breaking new ground. It should make every other brand in the world embarrassed off road. But it won’t. It is just another overpriced gadget mobile. Slightly better than the other toys they make for rich people.

A stock classic Defender with a rear locker will blow it away. I wheel with modern Land Rovers all the time and know their limitations.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
the Issue is that road conditions always change
So what if you are onnthsr long trail and u have to pass that one obstacle?
U gonna turn around?

Yes. And you'd have to do the same with any vehicle. It just becomes a matter of what level of obstacle you are willing to tackle when alone and remote.

For you, and many others, maybe that's Rubicon level. For me, and many others, its not.

REDROVER

Explorer
Haha I actually don’t do extreme trails, never been on rubicon, but so many times roads changed on me because of flash floods and other natural reasons.

Last month I was in neveda desert in some long easy trail, and then boom the road I know of is nearly gone due to last California earthquake, I had to take another road that was not driven on for so long that it wasn’t even visible.

Land Rover better offer some heavy duty items for this defender, that plastic underneath is a joke.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
In case anyone cares the NA Defender Order Guide is now out, not sure if the books are actually open yet for the US or not. Per Umbertob LR Pasadena is asking 20k over MSRP to even take an order and LR Encino is asking 30k over MSRP.

Thanks for this.

Quick take aways:
  • Front recovery point withstands 10 tons pulling force, rear withstands 9 tons.
  • Double the vertical impact durability (curbs, washboards) of any other JLR vehicle made.
  • The signature graphic can be painted narvik black on the 110 to create a floating roof effect. Thank god.
  • The 110 will get the optional folding fabric roof in 2021.
  • Interestingly the front shield and rear recovery loops are listed as N/A for all models but the “X”. Presumably due to later availability.
  • Rear locker is NOT switchable. Auto only. Boo-urns.
  • No EPA numbers
  • 90L fuel tank. That should be some decent range (hopefully).
  • Upcoming accessories: April 2020 – “front protection system” (bull bar perhaps?), undershield, “A frame protection bar” (this is mentioned later as being made of a ... "very durable plastic")
  • Summer 2020 – Winch, winch mounting plate, deployable side steps
  • Was already pretty obvious, but confirms Warn Zeon 10S Platinum as the available winch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles