Land Rover TREK series coming back

DieselRanger

Looks bad@ss. I want all of the accessories for my D5....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-201420_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-201420_Instagram.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77

JackW

Explorer
My wife complains that the D5 is hard for her to climb up in even when its lowered - she's 5'2" with a bum knee and her mother who is 5'0" has an even harder time.
Do the Lucky 8 rock sliders provide a better step up for her to use to access the cabin for the vertically challenged?

Since Land Rover is not seeing fit to provide us with a diesel version of the new Defender I might have to keep the TDV6 Discovery 5 a while longer - which means I'll have to armor it up too.
If I can justify the sliders as a method to make it easier to climb in and out of the truck that might make her happier with it. I just wonder if stepping on the slider is an easy way in or does stepping past it make it harder.

DieselRanger

My wife complains that the D5 is hard for her to climb up in even when its lowered - she's 5'2" with a bum knee and her mother who is 5'0" has an even harder time.
Do the Lucky 8 rock sliders provide a better step up for her to use to access the cabin for the vertically challenged?

Since Land Rover is not seeing fit to provide us with a diesel version of the new Defender I might have to keep the TDV6 Discovery 5 a while longer - which means I'll have to armor it up too.
If I can justify the sliders as a method to make it easier to climb in and out of the truck that might make her happier with it. I just wonder if stepping on the slider is an easy way in or does stepping past it make it harder.
I would say it's worth the experiment. Then after they're fitted, if they don't really help, you can claim they're difficult to remove, and anyway, they protect your investment. ?

soflorovers

Is this true? I was under the impression that the diesel won't be available at launch, but that we'll get one down the line. To address your original point, the sliders on my LR3 help enormously, but that's not a D5, so maybe reach out to one of the TReK competitors or Lucky8 directly? I believe one of them commented on my above Instagram post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles