Trailscape's 06 Tundra

Kpack

Adventurer
I want to see more of this. Detailed pictures of how you hooked everything up would be great. I see you have a filter in there as well. Do you have part numbers for the filter and the new cooler? And what about the fan? More info on that would be great.

This is on my list to do this summer.

trailscape

Explorer
Got a toolbox mounted up to the rack. I think it'll work alright. I used some aluminum angle and mounted it between the rails to get it a bit lower. Thinking of placing a small fairing in front of it.
DEF2DEEC-82DF-47D6-B443-591B37A842A6.jpeg

Playing around with the lighting. I think this setup might work a little better. I need to get out and test this stuff.
I had a spare crossbar after adding the box, so I just stuck it in front of the solar panel.
8C940C4E-8979-40BF-B97B-DAEBFD18AACE.jpeg

V1 and V2.. 4x 25w lights or 3x 45w lights. I like these Westin lights. They test pretty close to advertised wattage and have held up really well.
83F27A72-1E69-47B2-B449-BB957BDB4553.jpeg

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Nice work. I did the same with my 3 slim led lights. Angling the two outer ones out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
Nice work. I did the same with my 3 slim led lights. Angling the two outer ones out.

A lot of the light is catching the front of my hood. I'm hoping I can still adjust them some without needing to raise the height.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
A lot of the light is catching the front of my hood. I'm hoping I can still adjust them some without needing to raise the height.

Yeah roof lights do cause hood glare. You want to get hyperspot type lightbars.

trailscape

Explorer
Yeah roof lights do cause hood glare. You want to get hyperspot type lightbars.

Ever tested those with a meter? They've been holding up for you? I've had really bad luck with ebay lights in the past. There's a pile in the garage somewhere. lol

Here's what I'm running,

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Ever tested those with a meter? They've been holding up for you? I've had really bad luck with ebay lights in the past. There's a pile in the garage somewhere. lol

Here's what I'm running,

No brand name makes the hyperspots. The beam is super focus and I love them. The ones on the tundra are holding up. The sequoia has only been tested but haven’t fully wired in yet.

trailscape

Explorer
It still needs some refinement, but it's functional. This turned out to be more work than it was really worth, but it's nearly done.
I don't suggest modding a double cab overhead console to fit an access cab.

Next, I want to fit a light sensor to keep the interior lights off during the day. I tend to keep the doors open when working on it, and it's kind of an annoyance.

178FF841-7E85-4650-B3C8-FF03BC1756F5.jpeg

trailscape

Explorer
I finally caved and made an Instagram account. What the hell, I love eye candy.

I see where you all hang out now.. I'll post something eventually.

trailscape

Explorer
The grille was in need of some repair. It was my first attempt at such a mod and started developing stress cracks.
I pretty much scraped out all my old work and attempted to actually blend the mesh into the shell.

Currently in white primer.
C566B5A5-EB5C-482C-945E-8C498315EC7F.jpeg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
******** .. You made it, I just modded it.

I think I’m going to keep the grille all white this time. Really makes the emblem stand out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it looks ready good with the grill all white.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94