"TrailTop" modular trailer topper building components

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few quick and rough concept images of the new kitchen concept in Jeep-tub and military trailers.

DInootJ_zpsg1vhfodh.jpg

DinootM2_zpskvy1mpix.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This is very interesting. Any plans on making one for the m416/m1101?
There are several things in this thread - which are you asking about? The Trailtop modular topper components? The kitchen I posted about recently? The fiberglass lid on my military trailer?

CBeckFJ

There are several things in this thread - which are you asking about? The Trailtop modular topper components? The kitchen I posted about recently? The fiberglass lid on my military trailer?
the modular topper components and the kitchen setup.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
the modular topper components and the kitchen setup.
The current TrailTop components are designed with curves to match the corner radius of the Jeep tub, so they work great with trailers made from Jeep tubs, Dinoot j-series trailers (www.dinoot.com) or from-scratch designs without any tub as a base. They can be used to make toppers for M416 or larger military trailers but some may feel that the rounded edges don't match the styling of the square-edged military tubs as well as they'd like.

I can report that the company that's working to bring the TrailTop components to market has completed their proof-of-concept trailer using parts out of their own new TrailTop molds and they tell me they are "happy with how it turned out and how easy it was.... it turned out great." I've only seen a few quick photos of it and it's impressive but we'll have to wait for them to decide to show photos of it.

If the current TrailTop components do well and the company would like to release a similar set of components with angled instead of radiused corners I can definitely work on that with them.

As for the kitchen, I've designed two so far - the first is the MORryde Trail Kitchen, which I've shown photos of in my yellow Jeep-tub trailer and in my Jeeps. It's been on the market since late last year and it's being received very well (http://www.morryde.com/products/212-jeep-trail-kitchen?return=/product-category/9-jeep-accessories).

The second is the new design I posted about recently - that's proceeding along well, the design has been completed and prototype units will be built very soon for testing in trailers. The company I've designed that one for (neither of the companies mentioned above) plans to offer it with their line of ready-to-roll trailers and to offer it to DIY trailer builders - it can be used in most anything due to its shape and size. If people are interested I can post some newer concept images of the new kitchen; the design has been updated since I posted the original concept images.

Last edited:

anjorni

I'm a little late to this game, however i'm researching methods to turn my m1101 into a camper as well, and am stoked to have heard about this. Nothing i can find on a quick google search for commercially available TrailTop system, however i'm now subscribed to the thread and hope there are further updates.

I dont have anything currently laid out for the 1101, but this may prompt some drafting ideas.

Thank you

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I'm a little late to this game, however i'm researching methods to turn my m1101 into a camper as well, and am stoked to have heard about this. Nothing i can find on a quick google search for commercially available TrailTop system, however i'm now subscribed to the thread and hope there are further updates.

I dont have anything currently laid out for the 1101, but this may prompt some drafting ideas.

Thank you
I expect the company will make their web site public when they're ready to go public with the product. They've shown me a work-in-progress version of the site and it includes details on their proof-of-concept build with the TrailTop components, it's very well done (both the website and the build are well done :)). They told me about two weeks ago that they were working on the store section of the site which will enable purchase of the TrailTop components, that's the latest update I have from them.

jscherb

Expedition Leader

deoc4114

Jeff,

In another thread someone mentioned a similar camper/topper fiberglass system. So I ran a search for trailtop and came across the below link. Is this the company you were working with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles