2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorB

Adventurer
I think you totally missed the button line.

If all are improving then the betters ones will continue to be the better ones and the worst will stay.. worst.

And this is what you agreed..

That’s not personal, You wrote it.

so maybe the Nadia Comaneci was too sarcastic, apologies.

Slowly..

AU_88

I just can’t get past the giant rear C-pillar. It’s terrible. For me this is such a disappointment, they really had a chance to design something cool and totally blew it. The front is meh and then you look at the side and you’re immediately like ****** is that? Why is the rear glass so squatty? The side looks disproportionate.

I just can’t get past the giant rear C-pillar. It’s terrible. For me this is such a disappointment, they really had a chance to design something cool and totally blew it. The front is meh and then you look at the side and you’re immediately like ****** is that? Why is the rear glass so squatty? The side looks disproportionate.

That C pillar is certainly going to be polarizing! And what will it do to visibility? Sure seems like a giant FJ Cruiser type blind spot . . .

I think you totally missed the button line.

If all are improving then the betters ones will continue to be the better ones and the worst will stay.. worst.

And this is what you agreed..

That’s not personal, You wrote it.

so maybe the Nadia Comaneci was too sarcastic, apologies.

Slowly..
I'm lost on the Natia Comaneci aspect - can you elaborate?

SSG

So will there be a 130 or just 90 and 110?

So excited to see this New Defender. Can't believe there are no more leaked photos!

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
My trouble-free, 90k LR4 is a ‘complicated’ NA model...? Good story/Bad story, my point was generalizing the brand on any single user experience is of limited value.

I'm assuming you missed the JD Power chart where they were 2nd to last...

As a brand, LRs spend more time in the shop than almost anything else. It's ridiculous that any one is still arguing otherwise.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Reality Check ................... all manufacturers share many of the same suppliers. All assembly lines are mostly automated. Land Rover sources parts from the same supplier network. While there minor differences in "Initial Quality" the bottom line is that they all shared many of the previous issues and all have similar quality today.

Case in point - my 95 RRC and 98 D1.

One of the more problematic items are the seat controllers and window rocker switches. Were they "Lucas"? Ah, no.

Stamped nicely on the inside was ............... MB.

Appears the new LR whipping horse in the future will be BMW or one of their primary suppliers?

DieselRanger

I may be mistaken, but aren't the jd power "initial quality" awards based on some survey they send out to a handful (something like 60k) of people and then scored on the amount of problems they had in the first 3 years? These "surveys" always seemed bogus to me. People have to care enough to send back the surveys for one. The "real Chevy commercials" come to mind when I think of all of these awards.

As far as the defender goes, I'm not a fan of what I've seen this far. Kia soul meets Ford flex. I was excited about the potential for a 130 model, but of course land rover doesn't think it's worth competing with the jeep gladiator.
The JD Power survey where the RRS topped Acura MDX and the Audi Q7 in its first year of production on a new platform was a 3-year dependability rating, meaning they continually surveyed owners over those three years. It came out in 2017 for the 2014 model year. I participated in one for my VW Touareg when I bought it in 2010.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

DieselRanger

So will there be a 130 or just 90 and 110?

So excited to see this New Defender. Can't believe there are no more leaked photos!
There's supposed to be a 130 with something like 8 or 9 seats I think? Won't be released initially but will come later. Will probably be Suburban-sized.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Gents, I've received multiple reports about this thread and the borderline un-gentlemanly behavior and comments. Please note that if you want this thread to remain, you must remain dignified and tolerant to your fellow overlander. I get the love for the Green Oval (been there, done that), but it doesn't mean we can't just all get along. Thanks

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Gents, I've received multiple reports about this thread and the borderline un-gentlemanly behavior and comments. Please note that if you want this thread to remain, you must remain dignified and tolerant to your fellow overlander. I get the love for the Green Oval (been there, done that), but it doesn't mean we can't just all get along. Thanks

I don't believe I have participated in the un-gentlemanly like behavior but there must be some really thin-skinned people in this world. The back-n-forth makes you better and also helps manufacturers be better. Without it we would all be driving 4WD Pinto's and the JD Power survey would be non-existent as all manufacturers would be the same rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94