SOLD: Pleasure-Way Traverse 02 Ford E250 Pop-Top Campervan 69k Miles (Phila, Pa.)

PhillySMB

**SOLD** * (at asking price)

2002 Ford E250 Pleasure-Way Traverse pop-top camper van. 69,000 miles. Similar to a Sportsmobile RB50, GTRV Westy, or VW Westfalia layout. Sleeps 4 and seats 5. Has a built-in stove, refrigerator, sink with fresh and gray water tanks, ducted propane heater, and more.

A fairly rare pop-top camper van in a hard-to-find color. Ready to get you into #vanlife today!

This Pleasure Way Traverse is a nice-looking camper van in a gold/tan color, with no exterior graphics or badging other than OEM Ford stuff. With the super-low profile pop-top, this van is ultra stealth and looks like a regular conversion van. It's registered and titled as a passenger vehicle (station wagon) so you can drive or park it anywhere a regular car is allowed (i.e., no "motor home" plates). Easily fits in a standard parking space, and allows you to camp in just about any national/state/local park due to being under 20 feet.

Price is $19,500. I am not a dealer, and this is my personal van. Note: due to lots of replies, I will only respond to messages asking specific questions (not "still available?") and/or requests to see the van. I reply to all legit messages, so if you don't get a reply please feel free to send a follow-up in case I missed it. I am aware of all the scams, so please don't waste your time. No dealers or help selling needed. 85+ photos available to those seriously interested. I'm about 35 minutes from the Philadelphia airport if you plan to fly in to look at the van.

Details:
- 2002 Ford E-250 Econoline platform (perfect for 4x4 conversion if you want to go that route)
- Low miles: 69,000 miles
- 5.4l gas engine
- 3.73 rear axle
- OEM Ford Alcoa 8-bolt wheels with nice Bridgestone Dueler AT tires, upgraded to 245/16 over the original 225/16 tires/steel wheels
- Added a set of hard-to-find OEM rear-door pop-out windows, in matching OEM tint, for great airflow
- Van has been well maintained, with fairly recent brakes and rotors all around, front end maintenance (new ball joints both sides, tie rods, etc.), fresh alignment, etc. Brand-new starting battery with warranty. PA safety and emissions inspection done less than 500 miles ago and good to January 2020.
- Interior in overall good condition.
- Large sleeping area downstairs, and a second in the pop-up roof. Sleeping space for up to 4 people overnight, and seats 4-5 with seatbelts in forward-facing, child-seat friendly seats.
- Hot water heater, works on both 12v and 110v
- Propane stove
- Suburban ducted propane heater
- Microwave (works on shore power only)
- Remote starter and remote locking, alarm
- Space for two coach batteries, although only one is currently installed
- Converter/charger for batteries and DC
- Kenwood Exelon double-DIN stereo with navigation, SiriusXM and USB/Bluetooth capability, and remote. Back-up camera capable, although one is not installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_1922.jpeg
    IMG_1922.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
While it’s hard to put more money into a rig you are getting rid of, you really should consider trying to first fix these problems you noted with the van....so a buyer who does come in from out of town to get this, will be able to feel confident that he’s going to have a care free return trip home in the van.

These are great, garageable rigs.

BTW guys, on the SMB Forum, there is an ‘02 like this for sale for !$42,000!
So this one here may be a really good buy!

Last edited:

PhillySMB

Thanks for your comment @AbleGuy Well, yes and no to fixing it up more. If they were mechanical issues, then I'd agree. But they are essentially cosmetic and can be fixed or not fixed, depending on the buyer's desires and budget. I've priced it accordingly, with an extra discount on top beyond what the actual cost is to have the repairs done by a professional. If someone does it themselves (really, not hard work to do) then it's an even better deal. It would be done by now if my back weren't too messed up to do it myself. I am hoping to get it in for the alignment this week. Mechanically speaking, I'd happily drive it to California tomorrow if I had the time and someone wanted to pay me to deliver it :) The rust is honestly not that bad at all, but I know all the West Coast folks curl up into a fetal ball whenever they hear the "R" word. For us East Coasters, this is basically fine with tons of life left in it, and easily remedied if desired at a reasonable cost.

I've watched Traverses for several years, and market value for this with the few items fixed is easily in the $27,000+ range, given the low miles (69k). And, as you said, throw a 4x4 conversion on it and it's an even sweeter ride!

PhillySMB

@Outside somewhere RE: Documentation Previous owner's repair records confirmed it to my satisfaction. You could always run a CarFax if you wanted to be sure. The PO was a retired fireman and just used it for golfing trips with his friends, trips to the NJ shore with his grandkids, etc. It's really not uncommon for RVs, even campervans, to have low miles relative to their age because they are often just used for trips a few times a year unless they are daily driver/primary vehicles. I think the most miles I ever put on my other campervan in one year was 8,000, and that's because we drove it across the USA and back. Last year I put under 1,000 miles on it (it's a 1998 with 113,000 miles).

Also, just got it aligned today (after having the ball joints done) and it drives great!

Last edited:

PhillySMB

A few pics from when I had the running boards off.

And, for inspiration, two photos of another Traverse that got the Agile Offroad 4x4 treatment (to be doubly clear, the last two are NOT my van).
IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0716.jpg
traverse1.jpg
traverse3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles