Anyone have an Aluminess from bumper on their Transit?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Howdy all....
As part of my SEMA Transit build I want to run an Aluminess front bumper like this...

I had one before on an E350 and FJ cruiser and they were plenty strong and the light weight was nice.
Well I was talking with George at Extreme Outback about which air compressor I wanted and he had the super cool idea of mounting one of these new Endura units in the bumper wing deadspace
Endura-Spec-Sheet.jpg

As long as a run a hose to the air filter and mount that up in the engine compartment this thing could run even with the bumper under water :)
I did have a previous Extreme Outback compressor that ran packed in snow so I know they are tough. Matter of fact I have put one on the last 4 rigs and regardless of 140 deg under vehicle heat to mud to snow they work great.

So back to my point, if anyone has an Aluminess bumper on a Transit can you please take a pic of the INSIDE of the bumper wings, from the wheel well.
I want to see if there is enough room to put 1 or 2 of these in and maybe an air tank on the other side or put the tank on the chassis rails.
Big thanks in advance.
I ask Aluminess for a pic but I figure they will send me one of a bumper loose in the shop vs on the vehicle.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Oooo.....SEMA build! Cool and good luck!

(Sorry for the build hijack, have nothing about the bumper)

1leglance

Hey you are welcome to comment all you want as I have some fun ideas for canvas bits in this build :]

And you can always join the peanut gallery in the actual SEMA build thread !

1leglance

Those vans are rockets with the Ecoboost's. One pulled away from me this morning and just shot off.
Yep 400ftlb of torque at 2000 rpm, nice and low where I want it for off road fun and that is in stock form....I am looking forward to seeing what a little tuning and part swapping will get me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94