Snow Peak Addiction

Mtbkers

What’s the state of the art for anti-rattle packing techniques for the IGT stuff? I can tell it’s going to be loud, especially the little washers where he legs plug in. Any tips?

I also have a Sprinter so trying to stop everything from rattling is a constant battle! I had some feet (from an old IKEA chair) that I had lying around, so pushed them through the leg holes and then held them in place with an o-ring. Silence :)

This is the stool The feet come in two parts (the rotating piece I used and the plastic foot). Maybe you can get free spare parts from IKEA?
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70404875/

Attachments

• IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    562.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Kgorman

Observer
I also have a Sprinter so trying to stop everything from rattling is a constant battle! I had some feet (from an old IKEA chair) that I had lying around, so pushed them through the leg holes and then held them in place with an o-ring. Silence :)

This is the stool The feet come in two parts (the rotating piece I used and the plastic foot). Maybe you can get free spare parts from IKEA?
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70404875/

Yes! The exact spot I was worried about... I’ll try

geojag

You guys make me feel better, I thought I had a problem.....
Most of mine is from backpacking but carries over to any car camping or float camping I do. I have 4 plates, a bowl, the trek 700 and 1400, a 450 double wall, a giga stove, and a couple of forks.
A side note, the bowl nests inside the 1400 and can serve as a double boiler. I often boil water for coffee and poach eggs in one go.
5a432accd4eecc2690a60e437f9b87c4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Riptide

Explorer
What’s the state of the art for anti-rattle packing techniques for the IGT stuff? I can tell it’s going to be loud, especially the little washers where he legs plug in. Any tips?

I know they rattle, but my approach is to slide it in on edge into the back of my Samurai, between the cooler and a storage box. I don't recall noticing the table rattle too much, but maybe everything else rattling on my Suzuki drowns it out!

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Mailman gave me a new package to open today. Jikaro table set for the fire pit. Kinda like a reverse Benihana do it yourself deal. admittance to table side is 2 boxes of fresh ammo my choice and some form of trimmed cattle-filet would be nice. I also have the Griddle for the fire pit. So it's on!!!! Do not forget Fiesta Island meet and greet this Saturday,10am to who knows.

Attachments

• DSCN0845.JPG
    DSCN0845.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0843.JPG
    DSCN0843.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0844.JPG
    DSCN0844.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 90

Lennart

Adventurer
So it all starts with the fact that more and more campsites in Europe have a 'no charcoal BBQ' policy. Bummer :mad:

When Snowpeak come out with the grill burner, I bought it to at least have some BBQ possibility whilst camping. I am talking about this:
1_8c9b7651-1e5f-4713-b2a4-612303f6fa27_1024x.jpg

This was the second revision of what was first a gas BBQ. Now I am quite fond of cooking with a plancha to get a nice crust on my food, but there is definately something different about grilling and using a griddle.
I wanted to take the grill burner and make it fit for grilling (while not losing the griddle function). This involved making something of a diffuser to avoid direct flames and spread the heat better and using an alternative grate. I tried just using the stainless grate from the BBQ box but decided to get something else.

First the diffuser. On my bucketlist is learning how to weld stainless but for now I had to bend and just attach some stainless L profile to cover the burners. I'm sorry ?

put3fA.jpg

I placed some steel spacers at the top and bottom to level the lips that normally hold the cast iron grate. Then I added a Grill Grate. Job done :)
YxCfG1.jpg

I quite like the way it still fits in the IGT frame. It is slightly wider than a single unit so I added two slightly thinner hardwood panels.
gyWmUa.jpg

2UPZ0y.jpg

So now let's try it out :)
uee9TU.jpg

Enter a (modest) Ribeye....
UuIFSx.jpg

lbMKg4.jpg

n6eb5U.jpg

So how did it do?
It wasn't an inferno of heat. It took me longer to cook the steak than it would have taken over coal. But....it was cooked evenly and tasted like it was grilled/barbecued.
I might have a go without the diffuser to see if that makes a ton of difference, but I think I am near a useable grill which still acts as a griddle. It's an easy swap.

What do you guys think? Anyone had a go? Any suggestions or criticism?

Thanks for looking (y)

Lennart

GPS_Jon

Does anyone have a source for this? I would like to get one or two of these.
Jon
9cc4ac65e95a969feb8a60ac01460078.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WestWorld

Does anyone have a source for this? I would like to get one or two of these.
Jon

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yahoo Auctions has a pair for sale here. It looks like a Festival item Snow Peak had for sale in 2016-2017. Maybe google Snow Peak FES-087 to find other listings. If you don't necessarily want a Snow Peak version there are mosquito pigs for less online.

Last edited:

GPS_Jon

Yahoo Auctions has a pair for sale here. It looks like a Festival item Snow Peak had for sale in 2016-2017. Maybe google Snow Peak FES-087 to find other listings. If you don't necessarily want a Snow Peak version there are mosquito pigs for less online.

They were about 2800 yen when new. I should have bought them then. 51,000 yen for one now is insane.
I did order a ceramic one for my home off of eBay. Don't really want to take it on the road though.
Thank you for looking.

Riptide

Explorer
I might have a go without the diffuser to see if that makes a ton of difference, but I think I am near a useable grill which still acts as a griddle. It's an easy swap.

What do you guys think? Anyone had a go? Any suggestions or criticism?

Nice effort! I think maybe the grate has too much mass for the little burner; they are all acting as big cooling fins. Maybe mill off 75% of the height of the grates, and the burner could probably keep up a little better.

I have one of the griddles, but have not used it. Would be interesting seeing what surface temps one you can achieve with each surface, in relation to the weights of each.

spikemd

Explorer
Finally took the oven out on the trail for some pizza. Works great over the double bbq! First night used some premade Trader Joe's crusts and second night used fresh dough from Safeway. They were out at TJs. The fresh dough tastes so much better. In the morning, it was pancakes on a lodge single burner griddle. Everything worked great except the propane in the regulator. I think the tilt of the propane affected it.20190809_195406-1612x1209.jpg20190809_200519-1612x1209.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles