2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I've been thinking of going with a set of the KO2's this year. I really liked the KO's when I had my 02.

These pics are making me consider going beyond stock size.

Yeah. I have KO on my runner and KO2 on the tundra. I’d like to get KO2 for the Sequoia but at the same time I kinda want to try something new. Maybe KM3. This way I can swap between the tundra and sequoia for the giving situation/trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I've liked my KO2's for everything except for the lack of wheel protection. The Duratrac's have a heavy bead that sticks out from the rim, protecting it from rock strikes and scrapes. But the KO2's are better on the road and so far have been great for wheeling. Good in snow too, but the Duratrac's were every bit as good there.

Yeah I have noticed the duratracs have nice wheel protection but that also adds weight to the tire. Only know two people with duratracs and I wasn’t impressed with them in the snow. Also heard they have weaker sidewalls as one shredded a sidewalk on a trail while behind me and I was bombing down the trail at much higher speeds lol.

trailscape

Explorer
I was a little worried after seeing this in another thread, but it doesn't seem like a trend.

img_4094-jpg.509608

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I was a little worried after seeing this in another thread, but it doesn't seem like a trend.

img_4094-jpg.509608

Wonder if he got load E or C.

I can’t expect my tires be in perfect condition considering how I use them. I don’t think any manufacturer will be ok with you running them at lower pressure anyways. I rub mine on rocks all the time. They see damage but they are a wear item and to be expected.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
So the truck started of as a budget build and still kinda is. A lot of my early add on was more proof of concept and weather I like it or not. The finish work wasn’t as nice but I’m always been a function over form type guy. As the build progressed I gained a lot of interest especially out on the trail doing a lot of “tours” of my build. This has lead me back to wanting to clean up my early work to make it more presentable.

The bedding has always bugged me as everyone wants to see the interior set up. I started with a 4” memory foam topper I got lightly used for like $40 4 years ago. I trimmed it to fit the bed perfectly. Love sleeping on it and all I did was roll it up. Overtime it didn’t pack down as smoothly so I cut it into thirds which allowed me to stack it. It was much better but the finish looked janky. Cutting with scissors left a jagged finish lol.

Was debating on getting custom covers made but afraid of the cost. Been seeing a lot of tri fold mattresses lately and was like if I could only get the cover for them. Few searches online lead me to a set of queen tri fold cover on amazon for $35.

Tri fold cover showed up and I knew I would have to recut my three pieces of toppers to fit better. Since they zip up it didn’t need to be solid pieces. Worst case I buy a new topper or a complete tri fold mattress on Amazon for $165.

Anyways I got to work and fitted the covers into my trimmed topper and completely changed the look and feel. The cover has a nice smooth feel to them and the bottom is mesh that breathes.

Once laid out, I put my two sleep bag (open) down as extra layer of sheets. Than two blankets on top. Than I folded it back up. Why? Because at camp I can just pull the Tri fold open and my bed is already made. I have two extra blankets folded on top for those cold cold nights.

c794b36f691426a9fbc26e5d60f5e0e9.jpg
2ef4ed5a118cdfe1fefd7d39a38bb94d.jpg
558115d9f6ddde0b0c2edf0b40cae426.jpg
d3899b8ba4155bc4d05fa128ff5385b3.jpg
3cd28bc67bba19697edd1209d5c4aa2f.jpg
3fc51f86d15d44c4b2bf3f6581e32737.jpg
7a7a390f96952a85e9fde5b5d89bd171.jpg
34ef1a8c3aa54131ff4f0ffe6123b447.jpg
8761a4bf9ab6b932e5bbe010dcdce761.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Where can I get something like that rack you have mounted up on the left?

Those are actually blockbuster store closing shelves. Right as the Molle Panels was taking off and I wanted something similar

trailscape

Explorer
Those are actually blockbuster store closing shelves. Right as the Molle Panels was taking off and I wanted something similar

Ha! Nice score there. I picked up a few of those wire grid panels but they aren’t quite rugged enough.

I really want something I can mount to the headliner over the rear seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Ha! Nice score there. I picked up a few of those wire grid panels but they aren’t quite rugged enough.

I really want something I can mount to the headliner over the rear seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got plans on Molle pals for the tundra but got a few other products I need to iron out first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles