Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

thardin68

Made some temporary progress. I needed to throw everything on the trailer quickly to get it up to Maine, where we will sort things out. At least I was able to raise the fenders 2", still working on mounting boxes. They are cheapo boxes, so I need internal bracing. Officially starting trailer build and doing some upgrades to the Heep

The next step is ordering up some 80/20 extrusions to make a base for the tent which will raise it up a bit to accommodate the Annex height and allow for Solar Panel storage below. Looking to create a sliding mechanism with the 80/20 to allow the tent to be offset a bit to keep annex off the fender.

King Shocks.jpgheidi shocks.jpgIMG_20190722_192005_226.jpgtrailer front.jpgwinch.jpgTrailer rear.jpg

misubisu

Working on the on demand water for my trailer. What faucet are people using? Links would be great. Thanks.
I used a standard bathroom mixer tap:
I looked at all the purpose built small ones for caravans and they were so expensive. The one I used was the smallest one I could find, that had a spout long enough to get to the sink.
I removed the ceramic filter so it would work with less water pressure.
It works brilliantly. I ran hot and cold lines to it, so it delivers hot water from the hot water service and cold water.
The pump has a pressure switch on it, so when you open the faucet the pump starts an when you close the faucet the pump stops.

Wild Dog Weekend 12.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
FYI You cannot get spare keys for the trailer.

New reply for the ticket #SB00159704

Unfortunately we do not carry additional keys for the Scout Trailers.

Thank you,

Chance Parks
Smittybilt Customer Support Team

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I used a standard bathroom mixer tap:
I looked at all the purpose built small ones for caravans and they were so expensive. The one I used was the smallest one I could find, that had a spout long enough to get to the sink.
I removed the ceramic filter so it would work with less water pressure.
It works brilliantly. I ran hot and cold lines to it, so it delivers hot water from the hot water service and cold water.
The pump has a pressure switch on it, so when you open the faucet the pump starts an when you close the faucet the pump stops.

View attachment 530813

Where did you get the utensil holder on the door?

GeoTracker

Out of curiosity, how long are folks waiting on trailer delivery? I ordered back in May and have been in a holding pattern. Thanks

FYI You cannot get spare keys for the trailer.

New reply for the ticket #SB00159704

Unfortunately we do not carry additional keys for the Scout Trailers.

Thank you,

Chance Parks
Smittybilt Customer Support Team

They come with like 12 keys. They do have spare keys available, you just need to know what key# you have. I have a ton of extras if you need one. Just need to know the mfg date as they changed key design a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles