Photography club

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Is it a good idea to join a photography club where i’m Just getting started in photography so I could get feedback on my pictures and learn?

I think it is.

I also believe that online forums can be helpful. I used to recommend Flickr for its interest and gear groups (camera brand/lens type/photo subject) as a good place to get information. It also had a lot of snark, so you had to be careful with what you accepted as gospel. I’m a bit burned out on Flickr these days, but I think it’s still worth looking at.

There are also lots of online aids to help you understand basic concepts.

If you have the budget, a workshop could be another quick start. Look for one that is along the lines of what you want to learn, and that has enough competent leaders to give each participant appropriate attention.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Is it a good idea to join a photography club where i’m Just getting started in photography so I could get feedback on my pictures and learn?

It is a good idea. Just keep in mind that other people have their own idea of what constitutes a "good" photo. Some of the photography forums I frequent, the first thing some of the participants do when someone posts a photo is enlarge it to what would be a 3' x 4' print...and then complain because they can see "grain". Doesn't matter to them at all the content/composition of the shot or that the shot was never intended to be enlarged beyond a snapshot. Others, if they see the photo was taken with a phone or anything else besides a $6000 top-of-the-line camera, they can't find anything good to say about it either.

4xdog

Explorer
Spend some time on the DPReview forum. It’s a good bunch, very active for all major brands and submodels, and all kinds of help around technique, destinations, photo sharing and commentary.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Spend some time on the DPReview forum. It’s a good bunch, very active for all major brands and submodels, and all kinds of help around technique, destinations, photo sharing and commentary.
Thank you, I’ll check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles