2016 Ram 3500 4x4 with 2017 Bundutec Camper,

STREGA

Explorer
I believe I have replied to all PM’s there has been a bunch, if I have missed yours ping me and I will respond with pics or answers to questions.

adam88

Explorer
3 more photos

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 378

adam88

Explorer
There you go strega I added all 13 photos you sent me. It would only let me add 10 to the first page, so I added 3 more above.

The way you built the bed slightly over the interior cabin, so it allows a slide-out table and also storage underneath was how I had always envisioned designing a camper. I am really surprised more manufacturers (e.g. FWC) don't design them like this. Makes sense. Bundutec makes some cool stuff!

STREGA

Explorer
Thanks adam88.

Bundutec puts the sliding table in most of their models IIRC, I had them raise the table height a bit so it would be closer to the ceiling in the tunnel box which is why there is the small storage area below the feet.

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
Thanks adam88, looks like the 10 pics didn’t take just the 3 pics.

Bundutec puts the sliding table in most of their models IIRC, I had them raise the table height a bit so it would be closer to the ceiling in the tunnel box which is why there is the small storage area below the feet.

Sorry for the confusion. I edited my first post (on page 1) and put the 10 photos there.

Florida Native

Beautiful setup! That looks like a helluva good deal to me. Wish I were in a position to make it happen. GLWS.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

STREGA

Explorer
Any insulation in the popup material?
Is it demountable, and if so what kind of bed is left there?
No insulation in the pop up material. Yes camper can be removed I ordered it with the jack mount plates but not with the jacks since I had no plans to take the camper off the truck. There is a functional all aluminum flatbed.

STREGA

Explorer
Beautiful setup! That looks like a helluva good deal to me. Wish I were in a position to make it happen. GLWS.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks I feel I have it listed at a fair price. I have over $65K invested in it not to mention a lot of time and leg work getting it all put together. I am a Florida native too, born at Cocoa Beach.

abulbeka

If i was in USA i would run as fast i can to buy it.
Good luck to seller and congrats to buyer.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

STREGA

Explorer
Some more information, thoughts and rambling on this rig.

Well the last couple of nights I have been having quite a bit of pain in my back through my hip and down to my knee to the point that I’am having a hard time walking very far. So my planned trip to California this weekend is being cancelled since it would not be prudent on my part to drive 1500+ miles in 4 days. That will also mean that I won’t be putting that 1500 miles on the truck as well. So as of today the mileage on the truck stands at 34,100 miles, I don’t plan on driving the truck to much but it will be used to get around the canyon.

I have been asked a few questions about the truck/camper so should post the answers here. I failed to mention that the transmission is a automatic only stated that it was a Aisin transmission. For those who are not familiar with the Aisin it is Rams equivalent to GM’s Allison transmission and on this particular truck was a $1500 option. IMHO it is Rams best transmission and is only available with the 6.4L Hemi on cab chassis trucks. Also another person asked if this rig would accomendate 3 people, I guess you could but it was built for 2 people and a small dog. Another question was about how far the seats in the truck recline, they will recline to about 45 degrees but there is not a lot of room for the knees to clear the dash. At about 35 degrees the knee room is decent.

The overall length of the truck is about 19.5’ L and 8.5’ T which makes the truck easy to drive in the city and it is capable of getting into that cool campsite that a crew cab/hard side camper won’t fit into.

The tires on the truck are the OEM Michelin’s and have about 5K left on them, I purposely have not changed them so the new owner can get whatever tire they desire. I was leaning towards the Falken Wildpeak AT’s and possibly BFG’s and maybe some different wheels, AEV’s or Method has nice looking wheels. Also was looking at the AEV 2” lift kit and probably call the build mostly done.

The camper has a few small issues. The kitchen faucet leaks and needs to be replaced which I will get from Bundutec (they have a upgraded faucet they are now putting in their camper). The wall covering around 2 of the windows is wrinkling up a bit, not sure why. Also the flooring in the storage area is peeling up on one of the corners just needs to be glued back down, my thought was to also install a rubber mat on the floor.

lactic

Would a mountain bike fit in the storage area with the front tire removed? Dimensions of the “garage”? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles