2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackangie

More ring shots, high res

Probably our best look yet at the Urban Version, looks like its the straight 6 based on the dual exhaust.

2020 Land Rover Defender Spied Leaning Through The Nurburgring

806d549ed8df07daaefe83460c2bd758.jpg
a5acc8e421e75d026e101c48a6f4f063.jpg
2e7ff06382bf7bfb7419d70dc3272e24.jpg
35bfc500ce5f19af12993c380eac6407.jpg
49b844b0f52f097c6d99f009658368c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: SSG

blackangie

The camouflaged Defender will appear at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, which is running from July 4-7.

Some handy goodwood links i found..i just downloaded the app which you can set reminders in for events to watch.

a6332d37b729a33009895050964023fe.jpg

Last edited:

blackangie

How well do you think the Bonnet will hold a tire?
Nice well seeming as though there is one on the back, and expedition racks have been seen we might not need too. If that checker plate is real the bonnet sides at least have to withstand maybe 100kg+?

DieselRanger

I'm liking it as they very gradually remove bits of cladding and the true shape comes into view. I'm excited to see the long-rumored Ingenium inline-6 turbodiesel, if indeed that's what they will offer in the first year.

I'm betting the 130 will be quite popular premium family vehicle in the US judging by the number of 7-seat Escalades and "Redneck Range Rover" 3/4 ton trucks I see around.

The 110 with the diesel configured as a 5-seat X might be the sweet spot for overlanding if that config is available.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
I'm liking it as they very gradually remove bits of cladding and the true shape comes into view. I'm excited to see the long-rumored Ingenium inline-6 turbodiesel, if indeed that's what they will offer in the first year.

I'm betting the 130 will be quite popular premium family vehicle in the US judging by the number of 7-seat Escalades and "Redneck Range Rover" 3/4 ton trucks I see around.

The 110 with the diesel configured as a 5-seat X might be the sweet spot for overlanding if that config is available.

Definitely looking better as the cladding is removed. That said, I'm not in the market until the I-6 td at near 400hp/lb-ft is available. From what I have seen that is 2021?

Oh, and that's continuous power, not "music power" (see the audiophile wars of rms vs music power of old)

JLR needs this to be successful. Sales continue to decline by double digits.

Last edited:

JeepColorado

Admittedly, I've been skeptical, but the more it comes into view the more I like what it is. If there is a coil spring suspension version (for lifting- I really want 35's on anything I'm going to use off-road) with the diesel (which from what we know appears to have more Hp and Torque than the EcoDiesel Jeep will use in the Wrangler) and has the interior storage capacity that a 5 seat set up should allow (The Wrangler to me has always fallen short in this capacity), then I could see this as a real contender for a Jeep Wrangler competitor. It seems to represent the right blend between capability on the trail and comfort in living with it everyday- I need something that rides well, drives well to the trail, carries what I need to, then is plenty capable enough to do what I need to on the trail. I've always found the Jeep to be more than capable off trail, but to get there it sacrifices on the road drivability and comfort. They've recently improved, but it's still underpowered in my opinion; especially with tires and bumpers, winch, etc... and it still is small inside. If this Defender can solve those issues- I'm all for giving it a shot at my purchase dollars.

blackangie

Definitely looking better as the cladding is removed. That said, I'm not in the market until the I-6 td at near 400hp/lb-ft is available. From what I have seen that is 2021?

Oh, and that's continuous power, not "music power" (see the audiophile wars of rms vs music power of old)

JLR needs this to be successful. Sales continue to decline by double digits.
Sales are increasing in some markets, other down.

Overall down single digits YOY I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94