My new camper and truck ready for gnarly dirt roads

Mnbogboy

No brakes in the rain:
saggy-suspension.jpg
Honey help me hook up the camper, it's time for an oil change!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Reminds me of my father in law. 17k lb horse trailer with a 2004 3/4ton. 4K over rated tow capacity.

Explorerinil

Observer
Reminds me of my father in law. 17k lb horse trailer with a 2004 3/4ton. 4K over rated tow capacity.
One time a buddy of mine talked me into pulling a huge box trailer to Wisconsin for him, I had a 14 2500 cummins truck. I knew the trailer was heavy and could feel it but the truck pulled it fine and stopped fine. Just out of curiosity I stopped at a cat scale before pulling into town, 21k... I’ll never do that again!

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
We were heading out on a camping trip for Memorial Day weekend and I passed multiple 1/2 ton trucks going the other direction pulling travel trailers with those U-bolt bumper hitches on the back with a utility trailer with a golf cart as the triple tow.

Then as we were hanging out Sunday morning watching people roll out of the campground almost every single 5th wheel triple towing the utility trailer/golf cart setup had that U-bolted on hitch as well.

Just dumb. I just can't imagine the thought process that goes into thinking all of that is a good idea.

MOguy

Explorer
You have to be overloaded to be overlanding. All you really need are airbags and E rated tires and you will be fine.

CCH

Adventurer
Our local Wal-Mart seems to attract a lot of overloaded pickups using ratchet straps to hold on their campers. These are frequently old, rough rigs that appear to be the primary residence. Would hate to be behind them when they switch locations.

From what I've seen GVWR is an optional consideration for "overlanding." Pick any built up Taco or Jeep as evidence.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Our local Wal-Mart seems to attract a lot of overloaded pickups using ratchet straps to hold on their campers. These are frequently old, rough rigs that appear to be the primary residence. Would hate to be behind them when they switch locations.

From what I've seen GVWR is an optional consideration for "overlanding." Pick any built up Taco or Jeep as evidence.
The dude living at my local Walmart made it through the winter in a 70’s camper, we had -33f !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles