Timbren SES Suspension!

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Don’t need Axle-Less suspension or Active Off-Road bumpstops? Well, our Timbren SES suspension is designed specifically for your truck to give you superior suspension performance while carrying heavy loads. Timbren SES suspension enhances the ability of our trucks to do the hard work they were built to do. Show us your current setups, whether it be Timbren or if you’re thinking about switching over. Let’s see those snow plows, slide-in campers, RVs and work trucks and tell us how Timbren has improved your ride!

G7A3436.jpg

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for delivering a quality product, I use these on one of my 4wd vehicles & am satisfied with the performance they deliver.

Can you help clarify what the load ratings mean for your Aeon springs, for those of us who want to address needs that aren't exactly suited to an off-the-shelf solution?
Like on this chart you list nominal and bump load capacity - does bump load mean the maximum impact including the kinetic component of a bump?

Any help in understanding definitions would be useful.

When Aeon® springs are used as an assist: Nominal Rated Capacity refers to the “working load,” which is at 50% of the total height of the spring, i.e half deflection (half compressed) Bump Load Capacity refers to “maximum load,” i.e. total deflection (fully compressed).

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
This thread almost reads like an info grab you may use for advertising your products, just make sure you get the consent from the user/consumer before reproducing any personal use info they provide.

billiebob

Here is my setup. Pretty common on a 5x10 Mirage Trailer converted to spring over. A 3500# axle, short 2000# leaf springs. I tow with a TJ so I'm limited to a 2000# maximum weight and all loaded for camping it weighs closer to 1500#. I'm happy with the stock 205/75R15 trailer tires but would love a more compliant suspension with shocks. And spring over as it now sits is a perfect ride height.

Attachments

• DSCN1000.jpg
    DSCN1000.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 20

harv3589

Adventurer
I tried the SES system on my f-150 for hauling my atv and really didn’t like it. Didn’t help much with keeping my truck from having the nose pointing up and blinding everyone with my headlights and when the atv was unloaded it was so uncomfortable to drive. Ride was rough and jarring when the bump stops made contact with the plate on the the axle. I just bite the bullet and put airbags in and solved all my issues.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
I run these on my F350 and am more than satisfied. I regularly haul 2K+ lbs in the bed and have a few different trailers for different uses/weights. I like not having to mess with changing air bag pressures, and my ride hasn't changed when unloaded. When I change trucks I'll buy another set of Timbrens.

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
I tried the SES system on my f-150 for hauling my atv and really didn’t like it. Didn’t help much with keeping my truck from having the nose pointing up and blinding everyone with my headlights and when the atv was unloaded it was so uncomfortable to drive. Ride was rough and jarring when the bump stops made contact with the plate on the the axle. I just bite the bullet and put airbags in and solved all my issues.

We are very sorry to hear about the negative experience that you had with our product. We would love for you to message us with more insight into your experience as we feel your input could be very valuable in helping us to improve the product for future users.

shade

Adding Timbren SES to my Toyota Tacoma made the OEM rear suspension bearable. I've since replaced the OEM springs & shocks, but the Timbrens remain. I've inverted them to prevent debris from collecting inside, but they work well for me.

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
I run these on my F350 and am more than satisfied. I regularly haul 2K+ lbs in the bed and have a few different trailers for different uses/weights. I like not having to mess with changing air bag pressures, and my ride hasn't changed when unloaded. When I change trucks I'll buy another set of Timbrens.

We're glad to hear you're happy with them! Let us know if we can help you get another set if the time ever comes!

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Adding Timbren SES to my Toyota Tacoma made the OEM rear suspension bearable. I've since replaced the OEM springs & shocks, but the Timbrens remain. I've inverted them to prevent debris from collecting inside, but they work well for me.

Happy to hear they're working well for you.

Darwin

Explorer
Slide in camper for offroad use, do you recommend the single or double convoluted Timbrens? The doubles look like they would have more travel and provide a better loaded ride. I am way under the GVWR, so don't need a ton of support just some extra sway control.

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Slide in camper for offroad use, do you recommend the single or double convoluted Timbrens? The doubles look like they would have more travel and provide a better loaded ride. I am way under the GVWR, so don't need a ton of support just some extra sway control.

If you're right around that weight, we'd suggest double if you're installing in the rear which I assume you are! This may also help. https://timbren.com/blog/2018/12/25/anatomy-aeon-part-2/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles