Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

SoTxAg06

I'm pretty sure my CCSB has a 38 gallon tank. Sadly it's programmed to show empty at about 28-30 gallons of use. Did they engineer in a reserve capacity? Or is it to keep the fuel pumps cool?

I'm going with the Warn Ascent bumper and a 12000 Warn VR or Zeon winch. Looks better in person than their website.
97935-on-car.jpg

They really do look better in person. I’ve seen a few on Fords and Rams in the area. I like that they’re not as bulky as many others are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shade

That’s probably your driver skill more than anything else. Properly set up, I’ve never felt undergunned with an AWD or 4WD driving in snow. It’s just most idiots think because all 4 wheels turn, they’re invincible. That’s both truck/suv and Subaru owners.
True.

In my experience, they typically get stuck or lose control because they can't stop or turn, both of which have more to do with using their AWD or 4WD to drive too fast in the first place. Often, tyres and prudence win out over a drive system.

Watt maker

This package and especially the new 7.3 gas V8 may be enough to get me to at least visit a Ford dealership again in the future. Would be nice to have decent off-road capability and good available payload.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Someone mentioned that turning tightly into their unplowed driveway, 4A was handy in a F150. It would hop in 4H.

But if you slow down twice as much with a SD, select 4H, and accelerate in, you're less likely to bind and hop on that snow. You can loosen up the front of the truck with just the right technique. Try it next time it snows heavy, but you still feel binding. A little more aggressive accel, often will get rid of it.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
^Agreed. Let's also be honest about how the average F-250 owner will use his/her truck...the wheelbase on a CrewCab SB F-250 is 10 inches longer than that of a Crew Cab PW, which is already fairly long for a 4x4 vehicle. It's great to know that your HD gasoline or diesel truck has added capability, but how many owners are actually going to drive into places where that sort of capability is truly needed?

And you just described the majority of Jeep Rubicon and Power Wagon owners. The people that do get into those types of places are the minority of whatever brand/model we’re talking about.

Dalko43

Explorer
And you just described the majority of Jeep Rubicon and Power Wagon owners. The people that do get into those types of places are the minority of whatever brand/model we’re talking about.

Nope, that's not what I'm getting at.
Firstly Jeep Rubicon owners are inherently much more likely to put their vehicle to offroad use....not all do that, but enough do. Most 3/4 ton owners don't for reasons of size and cost.
Secondly, the F-250's (crewcab sb) wheelbase is significantly longer, even compared to the PW. It's just a less nimble vehicle in offroad/overland situations.

Cackalak Han

Explorer

Out of 10 Rubicons in my neighborhood, I know of 1 person that has actually taken it off road. And by off road, a dirt trail I could have taken a Honda Pilot down. Yes, mostly all are modded, lifted, armored. Most buy it for the stickers on the side and bragging rights.

shade

Setting delusions of offroad glory aside, I see the Tremor package as Ford's turn-key solution for people that want a truck designed to tow heavier loads over difficult terrain. That applies to a lot of commercial users, so I can see Ford promoting the Tremor package in that market, too. People that tow through muddy job sites and rough range roads can use what this offers, and until now, Ford didn't offer it.

I know Ford is making comparisons to the Power Wagon when it suits them. Still, it seems the PW actually fits between the Tremor and Raptor, and there's a place in the market for that, too.

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
10" more than a PW, IIRC. Another trade off. Longer tows better, as sure is nice on the hwy.

While people don't wheel fullsizes as much, we still camp off road, go down flooded dirt roads, beaches and such. Not to mention farms and ranches. Big difference.......I don't worry about my break over angle too often. I rarely experience a practical situation where the wheelbase has a negative effect.

^Agreed. Let's also be honest about how the average F-250 owner will use his/her truck...the wheelbase on a CrewCab SB F-250 is 10 inches longer than that of a Crew Cab PW, which is already fairly long for a 4x4 vehicle. It's great to know that your HD gasoline or diesel truck has added capability, but how many owners are actually going to drive into places where that sort of capability is truly needed?

Is there a manual 4x4 mode as well? I saw a recent review of the Ranger where someone was complaining about how the vehicle would switch into/out of 4Hi without any user input...seems like a bad idea if that can't be disabled or switched to a manual mode.
[/QU
I think you misunderstood my question. I'm not asking if the Tremor comes with a manual 4x4 shifter. Rather, I'm asking if the truck will decide for itself when to switch into 4hi or low (automatic mode) or if it will allow the user to choose 4hi or 4low (manual mode).

A person reviewing the Ranger noted that the vehicle would shift into/out of 4low and 4 hi without any user input...I wasn't sure if this automatic process could be disabled or not in the Ranger and the Super Duty trucks.

The Ranger doesn’t shift in and out on its own. I saw that same review and that guy was an idiot. He was also upset that 4 low didn’t increase the traction when he hung a wheel in the air.

The 4A system in my F150 is awesome. Thought I'm curious to see how the new drives "modes" actually perform. Im really curious to see more options on the new Superduties. The last thing on my "wish list" is a bigger fuel tank option from the factory. Especially for a gasser. Call me petty, but I want to have 1k+ mile cruising range. I love having a factory 36gal tank in my F150. 700+ miles between gas stops is just worth it. I don't sweat the "mpgs", I want a big cruising range. 50+ gallon tank or duel tanks. I don't care how they do it.

Otherwise I'll be hoping I can get my hands on a decent aftermarket tank. Which always seems to be a pain in the rear for gas vehicles these days.

chet6.7

Explorer
Having the option to carry more fuel does not mean you have to carry that fuel all the time.The longer range also gives one more choice in choosing when and where to stop for fuel.I would rather relieve my bladder behind a tree over a gas station or a rest stop.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The problem comes when you add larger tires (less range), then tow a trailer(even less range), then hit the dirt(even less range).

My next Ram will be longbed simply for the option of the larger Titan aftermarket tank without losing my spare. When I am pulling my ORV camper my range sucks, frankly. Id just like to have the stock 500 mile range back. In western states you can find yourself fueling up at half a tank every couple of hours due to the 80+ mile gaps between stations. It just gets to be a pain in the butt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke