New to me pro4x

jhill15

Explorer
Today I traded in my 2015 SL for a 2014 Lifted Pro4x. It was very close to an even swap. I'm stoked and even though it's already lifted there's plenty of room for improvement.

Bye bye SL
4e41520f02e68bcac9e12f05e9346b85.jpg

Hello Pro4

10113e9e8f936ca1e8b46e5de25bcb16.jpg

Here they are side by side
93ef7174ce6c1f2d1588cac007659879.jpg

61ef5acba4110e18307edfba62a883a2.jpg

I need some side steps because my wife and I are short plus our 7 year old is having trouble Getting in and out.
So if anyone knows where can score some that would awesome!

I've been a member on expo for years but never in the Nissan section with a Pro4x!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

bigskypylot

Explorer
Today I traded in my 2015 SL for a 2014 Lifted Pro4x. It was very close to an even swap. I'm stoked and even though it's already lifted there's plenty of room for improvement.

Bye bye SL
4e41520f02e68bcac9e12f05e9346b85.jpg

Hello Pro4

10113e9e8f936ca1e8b46e5de25bcb16.jpg

Here they are side by side
93ef7174ce6c1f2d1588cac007659879.jpg

61ef5acba4110e18307edfba62a883a2.jpg

I need some side steps because my wife and I are short plus our 7 year old is having trouble Getting in and out.
So if anyone knows where can score some that would awesome!

I've been a member on expo for years but never in the Nissan section with a Pro4x!

Shrockworks, Hefty, Whiteknuckle Offroad

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
Frontiers look great in white. What kind of lift does it have on it and what are your long term plans?
Thanks man, I really just wanna get up under this thing and see what's what but I haven't had time.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Good looking new truck! I’m jealous ?

Hey, I’ve recently been thinking of making the decision to switch to a midsize 4x4 truck, and have been taking at hard look at the Frontiers. So a few questions for you if you don’t mind?...why’d you switch over from your relatively new ‘15 LB CC Frontier to the new SB pro? What factors helped you decide that?

Unfortunately, it seems like you can’t get the ProX in the LB configuration in the new Frontiers anymore, and the SB does give you a bit more cargo capacity. But then you’re giving up the room to comfortably stretch out an sleep offered by the LB.

(none)

Adventurer
Good looking new truck! I’m jealous ?

Hey, I’ve recently been thinking of making the decision to switch to a midsize 4x4 truck, and have been taking at hard look at the Frontiers. So a few questions for you if you don’t mind?...why’d you switch over from your relatively new ‘15 LB CC Frontier to the new SB pro? What factors helped you decide that?

Unfortunately, it seems like you can’t get the ProX in the LB configuration in the new Frontiers anymore, and the SB does give you a bit more cargo capacity. But then you’re giving up the room to comfortably stretch out an sleep offered by the LB.

Not to answer for the OP, but i'll give my $.02 worth. I have a '17 crew cab Pro4X. I was originally looking for a club cab so i could have the longer bed, but my primary requirement was a manual transmission and i found a crew cab first.

I really only wanted the longer bed to carry a motorcycle, so i was a bit bummed about the crew cab short bed, then i realized how much i hate loading a motorcycle into the bed of a truck anyways and bought a 5x8' trailer for the motorcycle and threw a cap on the truck. As for sleeping in the bed, that's never been big on my list as i use the bed to store my junk and the dog. I don't want to empty out the bed to sleep. Threw a hardshell RTT on the cap, so all good to go now. And i've come to appreciate the extra interior room and full size door of the crew cab.

jhill15

Explorer
Thank you!

One of the main reasons I traded it in was rust. I owned the lwb cc for only a month and a half, and I had a bolt snap off one of the support rods for the fender well on the passenger side, so when I tried to unbolt the other bolts to make the repair they snapped off too...so after an hour with a cutoff wheel and drilling out the broken bolts...I decided to investigate...and I found rust everywhere.
ed243eeca99351264594cd75fa13be3d.jpg
b095ce5ad9680e8e9b103ce92c493aaa.jpg

And shame on me for not giving it a good inspection before I bought. The dealer sure didn't make me aware of it lol.

So I started looking for other trucks, and this pro4 popped up on cargurus. It was initially what I wanted before I purchased the lwb...but I couldn't find one in my price range or in my area.

I spent a good amount of time going over the pro4 before I signed anything lol.

I loved the fact that the SL had a 6ft bed but my wife did not. She hated driving it. The pro4...she's driving everywhere lol.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
“and I found rust everywhere”

Ouch!

But that disturbing discovery encouraged you to wisely search for and get what seems to ultimately have turned out to be a much more joyous vehicle. A great conclusion to the story!

Last edited:

MNCarl

The Moose
Welcome...
MNCarl here from CF.
If you are all planning on an overland build for your truck, IE off-roading you will want to piurchase "Rock Sliders" instead of "Side Steps".
Those step bars / side step things can actually cause more damage to the side of your truck if you hit a rock off-roading.
As someone else mentioned above there are several companies that fabricate rock sliders...there are one or two that even design there rock sliders to function more as a side step as well....I will let you have the fun of researching rock sliders.
Rock Slider fabricators:
HeftyFab
White Knuckle
Shrockworks
And there are probably a couple few more companies.

Bamps

Hey JHill I’m a Pathfinder owner but I look at a lot of Frontier parts for my front end. Dezert Runner Offroad makes some good stuff. Can’t speak on experience myself, but looks solid. https://dezertrunneroffroad.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a prerunner bumper from them. I would recommend them and buy from them again. Its a small mom & pop buisness with owner operator, fabricater, etc., it just matters how he wears his hat. Lol love my bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles