The airgun thread - lets see where this goes.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I put together a nice pistol .22 Crosman 1322:

1322.jpg

Quite a few performance parts. Nice shooter.

autism family travels

The other thing with living in Canada, air guns let you enjoy hand gun / ar shooting with none of the crap of getting restricted fac licence. Carry them all the time, and have fun and safety while camping. We can even purchase fully automatic versions with no issues.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I have my sheridan pump I have had since I was 10 and my single action webley tempest since I was 12. Great rifle and pistol around 41 yrs of ownership.
Kevin

autism family travels

We are ordering a few new air guns in the little while. Some fully automatic can rippers, And some more serious ones like another version of that 50 cal made by umarex. I’m trying to get the hunting rules changed here so that you can use the 50 cal for coyote hunting here. That thing is awesome.

zimm

Expedition Leader
10-15 years ago, there a was fella in Maryland? that made some spectacular works of art in all sorts of gauges. i think his bigger ones flung 750-900gr slugs. the wood and metal work were reminiscent of the lancaster flints. always wanted one. i cant seem to find that sight again. I thought "cougar" was in the name, which means, thats the one word that wasnt in the name.

Those Sheridan's were quite nice rifles; wood stocks, pump-up pneumatics. The 20 cal was always a pain to find pellets though. My younger brother still thinks I stole his when I left home for college 35 yrs ago; I wish I had now.

I do a lot of competitive shooting and have used airguns for quick, quiet practice for a long time. When the cheap chinese airguns started getting imported, I bought a half-dozen in bulk and have had more fun shooting and modifying them to see how accurate they could shoot.

steelhd

Observer
I would love to own a modern high power air rifle but not another .177 or even ,22. A .45 or .50 cal light/medium game rifle like a Seneca or AirForce. Lewis and Clark packed a .46 Girandoni across the NA continent over 200 years ago. As far as I know they didn't eventually chuck it into a lake so they must have made good use of it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Just bought a DonnyFL silencer for our Talon SS. Between the built-in suppressor in the talon ss and the DonnyFL addition, its pretty darn quiet. Almost as quiet as the suppressed 10/22 (without the bolt sound)

This guy makes some good kit.

DonnyFL Airgun Silencers

Explorerinil

Observer
Those Sheridan's were quite nice rifles; wood stocks, pump-up pneumatics. The 20 cal was always a pain to find pellets though. My younger brother still thinks I stole his when I left home for college 35 yrs ago; I wish I had now.

I do a lot of competitive shooting and have used airguns for quick, quiet practice for a long time. When the cheap chinese airguns started getting imported, I bought a half-dozen in bulk and have had more fun shooting and modifying them to see how accurate they could shoot.
I got a .20 cal silver streak and about 10 unopened boxes and Sheridan lead pellets for it. That by far was the most fun pellet gun of my youth. I’m saving it for my son when he gets old enough.

Manimal70

Been shooting an RWS Diana Model 45, made in West Germany, since 1984. Just gave it to my 13 yr old son. Would really like to get myself another NICE air rifle, but not even sure whats good anymore.

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles