Lets see some full size pictures...

XJLI

Adventurer
From this past weekend... We spent a good 4 hours screwing around in the forest above Pinecrest, CA. The Sierra is my partners and 2wd with the factory locker, a little bit of lift and some 33" tires and it got up/over/around a LOT of stuff I was not expecting it to.

Up next for it is a bit more lift and coilovers in the front, LT shackles in the rear and ditching the overload leaf and adding some smaller leafs to build a more progressive spring pack as well as looking into a better front bumper soloution because it, uh, scrapped a lot.

The Deaver mini-pack is expensive but 110% worth it. I put new OEM leafs and the Deaver mini pack on my '05 and it made an unbelievable difference. The long travel shackles will lower the truck, and not necessary unless you get longer leafs. My truck will flex to the bump stops hit and shocks max out with the stock size shackles.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Is that a lowered 4x4? What engine?
It's running a belltech 3/6 drop (originally had a 4/6). Z71 4X4 with the 5.3L V8. I find 90% of the time I'm camping with friends or with a group and they end up in a spot where a stock truck can drive. Might as well make a simple trip more challenging ?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
It's running a belltech 3/6 drop (originally had a 4/6). Z71 4X4 with the 5.3L V8. I find 90% of the time I'm camping with friends or with a group and they end up in a spot where a stock truck can drive. Might as well make a simple trip more challenging ?
I had a lowered mini truck for a long time. I would get phone calls from my friends who had lifted trucks who wanted to borrow mine to move stuff. It’s a lot easier to load a lawn tractor into a truck when it’s two feet closer to the ground. Four wheelers didn’t even need ramps, just drive right in!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I had a lowered mini truck for a long time. I would get phone calls from my friends who had lifted trucks who wanted to borrow mine to move stuff. It’s a lot easier to load a lawn tractor into a truck when it’s two feet closer to the ground. Four wheelers didn’t even need ramps, just drive right in!

Yeah, that gets old.

12' ramps are available online. I saved the link to my phone, to email to mooches.
https://www.discountramps.com/folding-quad-ramps/p/MF2-14438/
It's not a truck if it don't have ramps.

rho

Lost again
The Deaver mini-pack is expensive but 110% worth it. I put new OEM leafs and the Deaver mini pack on my '05 and it made an unbelievable difference. The long travel shackles will lower the truck, and not necessary unless you get longer leafs. My truck will flex to the bump stops hit and shocks max out with the stock size shackles.

The Deaver mini-pack is an option still so its good to hear that they're working out that well. What length shocks are you running on your truck and did you run into any issues with the brake lines or parking break cables?

Our truck currently has an add-a-leaf in the back, so the back is sitting up a bunch and a small drop in the rear wouldn't be a bad thing imo. The dirtking LT shackles angle forward and are an inch longer and are designed for stock length leafs, so its an option we're still sort of keeping on the table after we put longer shocks and longer lines as the brake hose is almost taught when the shocks are topped out.
Right now it'll flex from the bumps to the end of shocks. Given that ours is 2WD, getting as much flex as possible is going to be pretty key for the maximizing the somewhat limited off-road abilities of this truck.

Last edited:

XJLI

Adventurer
The Deaver mini-pack is an option still so its good to hear that they're working out that well. What length shocks are you running on your truck and did you run into any issues with the brake lines or parking break cables?

Our truck currently has an add-a-leaf in the back, so the back is sitting up a bunch and a small drop in the rear wouldn't be a bad thing imo. The dirtking LT shackles angle forward and are an inch longer and are designed for stock length leafs, so its an option we're still sort of keeping on the table after we put longer shocks and longer lines as the brake hose is almost taught when the shocks are topped out.
Right now it'll flex from the bumps to the end of shocks. Given that ours is 2WD, getting as much flex as possible is going to be pretty key for the maximizing the somewhat limited off-road abilities of this truck.

I'm running factory replacement Bilstein 4600s. I could gain a couple inches of droop by going longer, but I don't really need it and these shocks still have life left in them. Plenty of room left in the brake hoses and parking brake cables. Its probably 1-2" over the stock Z71 height right now... 24.5" from center of the wheel to bottom of the fender.

Reactions: rho

rho

Lost again
I'm running factory replacement Bilstein 4600s. I could gain a couple inches of droop by going longer, but I don't really need it and these shocks still have life left in them. Plenty of room left in the brake hoses and parking brake cables. Its probably 1-2" over the stock Z71 height right now... 24.5" from center of the wheel to bottom of the fender.

Ah, ok. cool. Ours is a little bit taller than that, so that might be why. I'll get some measurements in the next few days.... Gotta say that in general I'm impressed with how well the rear leafs ride and articulate on these trucks.

vargsmetal

Nearby Tri-States Rock, NY

d62f9da61dae44faec8197a0fe0f1e8e.jpg
da88ced6b8556bffc2cd9899a30348e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vargsmetal

I'm a bit jealous of your front approach angle there... ours is not nearly that good.
Yeah the front fascia of some of the GMT800s does hang down pretty low. This truck used to have a plastic splitter under the bumper but I took it off when I trimmed for the 285s. I usually hit the control arms or the diff skidplate before anything else.

Reactions: rho

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My friend's Deaver mini-paks came with blocks. Carli's don't. How did yours come?

rho

Lost again
Yeah the front fascia of some of the GMT800s does hang down pretty low. This truck used to have a plastic splitter under the bumper but I took it off when I trimmed for the 285s. I usually hit the control arms or the diff skidplate before anything else.

Ours isn't too low, but its still low enough that it was catching anytime that she had to cross a ditch or go over a tree or something. The front skid/splash guard thing all but destroyed as well. We're going to dig into the front bumper and pull the plastic bit off this weekend to see what can we do with it that won't look too terrible but increase the functionality. We're planning on mocking up some skids as well as the 2wd trucks don't have anything for em, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles