Anyone with an AT Overland Summit?

rbrownmr2

Observer
Hi rbrownmr2,
We are sorry you are having an issue with leaking. Elcoyote is correct in that the seal was installed upside down. I would also like to know who did the installation, so that any training issues can be addressed. In the short term, reinstalling the seal with the seam at the top should stop the leak. Since the molding will have been worked a bit in the process, a small bead of non-silicone sealant should be used in the moulding channel. I'm not aware of any leaking issues on properly installed hatches in Habitats or Summits. Many people have them. I know that AT Overland is very diligent with their installations and we work closely together to insure that problems of this kind do not occur. We will make sure that this issue is resolved as well. Please contact me directly at davidsoza@ternoverland.com , and we will send you a new gasket free of charge. When you turn the old one around, the cut outs on the white rubber lip around the strut brackets will not line up. You can trim the new one to a perfect fit, and from there you should have no issues. I look forward to hearing from you! David

Thank you for the kind offer David, I have sent an e-mail to you with my information.

rbrownmr2

Observer
Did you purchase through one of our dealers or direct from us at AT? Either way, we will help you resolve any hatch leaking issues. My first suggestion is that if you have a gap in the bulb seal at the bottom of the hatch, remove the bulb seal and re-insert it to move the gap to the top. This should eliminate any pass through. If this does not work or you need any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@atoverland.com and we'll work through this with you to resolve.

Thanks Mario, David from Tern Overland has offered to send a replacement seal. I will install it with the seam at the top and hope this resolves the leak. I ordered the Summit camper sight unseen, knowing how well respected AT is and your history of standing behind your work. Thank you (and Tern Overland) for helping me to resolve this issue.

Last edited:

rlynch356

Defyota
I am very interested in a Summit,
Does anyone have pictures of a Summit on a Toyota Crewmax Tundra (mine is a 19' TRD pro..) I want to get an idea of what the overhang looks like. and what the added height would be from the bed rails with a Fan, and Max traxs installed across the front of the summit width wise.
We actually are going to switch from towing the AT Horizon with the Defender to - Towing the Defender with the Pro and an AT.

Thank you

Hey guys, new owner here with some questions and looking for advice.

1. Can someone explain the D ring looking things mounted on the back? They look like a means to get on top of the camper but don't look very safe to step on without slipping.

2. Has anyone cut into their camper side yet? I plan on doing a water tank port later on for filling. Looking for tips and advise on that.

3. What is everyone doing for bedding? The mattress is a real oddball size. I have a big two person sleeping back from my RTT but I'd like to move to traditional bedding for warmer nights.

4. Whats up with the short strips of L Track in the interior? Has anyone come up with some good uses for them?

Last edited:

Scoutman

Explorer
Hey guys, new owner here with some questions and looking for advice.

1. Can someone explain the D ring looking things mounted on the back? They look like a means to get on top of the camper but don't look very safe to step on without slipping.

2. Has anyone cut into their camper side yet? I plan on doing a water tank port later on for filling. Looking for tips and advise on that.

3. What is everyone doing for bedding? The mattress is a real oddball size. I have a big two person sleeping back from my RTT but I'd like to move to traditional bedding for warmer nights.

4. Whats up with the short strips of L Track in the interior? Has anyone come up with some good uses for them?
  1. see post #14
  2. Mario mentioned it's 3/4" thick composite. I would imagine that it's drill a hole and mount your fill port. Maybe he'll chime in here.
  3. curious to see what others do too.
  4. Where are these tracks? Picts?

1. see post #14
  2. Mario mentioned it's 3/4" thick composite. I would imagine that it's drill a hole and mount your fill port. Maybe he'll chime in here.
  3. curious to see what others do too.
  4. Where are these tracks? Picts?

Thanks for the reply. They can really hold up a hammock? That's a lot of weight, but if they're supporting the Habitat I guess its a pretty strong point.

Sorry I don't have a pic of the L track atm. They're on the inside of the roof near the front and back corners.

Scoutman

Explorer
Thanks for the reply. They can really hold up a hammock? That's a lot of weight, but if they're supporting the Habitat I guess its a pretty strong point.

Sorry I don't have a pic of the L track atm. They're on the inside of the roof near the front and back corners.

I wonder if they're used to attach the cold weather insulated walls in place?

I wonder if they're used to attach the cold weather insulated walls in place?
I've got that upgrade, its attached with velcro. I'm thinking Mario might've mentioned they're used in some way during the assembly.

Curious if anyone has thought of other ways to use them.

Jfkwashere

Any photos of your Summit interior layout? Looking forward to my delivery and considering a variety of options from minimal to granite counters. This is my first build, on a 2012 F150.

Scoutman

Explorer
Anyone have pictures to post or more impressions to add? I've been back and forth with ATO and hopefully they will have an option for the long bed folks this fall. It's not exactly what I was hoping for but am trying to be patient to see what they come up with.

trailerpup

Sold my 2019 Hawk only after having it a short time. I checked out a Habitat in person. Nice unit. Great build quality. After researching all the Wedge offerings, the Summit is at the top of my list. But, I can't bring myself to order one... it would need full doors on the back to remove the leaky tailgate from the equation. It would also need to have an electric fan option. Sweet unit, though.

urbikesucks

Just ordered mine past sleeping arrangements; RTT then Habitat then Grandby that i am selling. I sure hope i got it right this time, im broke.

Scoutman

Explorer
Just ordered mine past sleeping arrangements; RTT then Habitat then Grandby that i am selling. I sure hope i got it right this time, im broke.
Is this for your Dodge or Toyota? What options did you go with?

I'm still surprised there isn't more discussion on these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles