Tepui Autana mounting question

Boatmonkey

Observer
I'm sure this has been answered before but I couldn't find it on the web site. I just finished building my trailer and I want to mount my tent so it opens to the side. Which side is it best to have it open to, driver or passenger, considering we use developed Forest Service campsites? I looked at dozens of posts that showed them mounted either way. I'm hoping to have it open towards the campsite. Thanks.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
The only guarantee is that sometimes it will be wrong. I think most people probably open to the passenger side simply for the times they have to set it up along a roadside, but again... sometimes it will be wrong.

shade

The only guarantee is that sometimes it will be wrong. I think most people probably open to the passenger side simply for the times they have to set it up along a roadside, but again... sometimes it will be wrong.
That's how I mounted mine on my truck. It also worked out better that way with my fridge being inside the rear passenger side door, since the fold-out section provided a little overhead cover for food prep, if needed.

You could build a rotating base for the RTT... :LOL:

We mounted ours to open on the passenger side of the truck. At one developed site we had to pull in the spot the opposite way.

I'm awaiting the day I have a campsite where I can't deploy the RTT and open the vehicle doors at the same time because the buried logs are in the exact wrong location. Or I might get everything to work just right, only to have those logs be a tripping hazard. lol. but seriously. I know that's going to happen one day.

Mykh

Outdoor Party Animal
Passenger side for us. Everyone I've met so far with a RTT either opens passenger or over the rear. Regardless at some point we all come across a camp site where the setup isn't able to open as intended and we need to get creative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles