Moby1 Going Out Of Business? Has Anyone Received A Deposit Return?

ksj

Observer
any mold yet??? I am sure we could change out the doors,.. cause lets be honest.. those doors are junk, and then seal the rear up if there is a leak... just hate to see such a beautiful trailer not be used for what its meant for.... doors will run you about 280 each, the rest wouldnt cost much..

Doors were already swapped (God help me was that a pain). The issue is that the entire side isn't square. If you put a straight edge against the drivers side it's flat. Not at all on the passenger side. Not on the doors, but on the side of the body itself.

Edit - The pain was in dealing with his attorney and him to get the doors. That alone took months. Then they shipped a set to me. Wrapped in nothing but an otherwise empty cardboard box. No padding. It was unclear to me if it was in that shape when he shipped it or not. I refused delivery and waited another 5 or 6 weeks as I remember.

Last edited:

flipmachine

Adventurer
Doors were already swapped (God help me was that a pain). The issue is that the entire side isn't square. If you put a straight edge against the drivers side it's flat. Not at all on the passenger side. Not on the doors, but on the side of the body itself.

Edit - The pain was in dealing with his attorney and him to get the doors. That alone took months. Then they shipped a set to me. Wrapped in nothing but an otherwise empty cardboard box. No padding. It was unclear to me if it was in that shape when he shipped it or not. I refused delivery and waited another 5 or 6 weeks as I remember.
I think I heard this story before....not sure who told me this.. well, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Reactions: ksj

ksj

Observer
I think an internal brace was not cut to the proper length and they stuck the side on anyway. I'm wondering if the side can be removed so I can find out. No idea how to tear one of these apart. I can probably get the body off the frame ok, but no idea how to take a side off.

oaqua

He's a real shyster. Came on like such a nice accommodating guy during the sale and build process with me and then turned into Dr Jekyll.
Owes me $ for a couple of items I never received.
Eventually stopped answering emails and phone calls. I was always very cordial in my communications with Ashley but after getting fed up from two years or so of attempted resolution to the situation I sent an email stating that he should spend less time on FB and take care of his existing customers..he suddenly replied very rudely the Next Day!
Also had some supporting parts break on my second time out with the trailer. Took him months to send me replacements and those did not fit properly so I spent hours modifying them!
Only positive and glowing posts on FB with unfriendly post being deleted by him is a crime in itself - the old adage of 'Don't believe everything you read' still holds true!!
Or how about 'Don't believe the hype'? It's so easy to get caught up with information in social media.
Learned my lesson. Luckily I didn't lose too much $ but am wondering if there is any way I can still recoup it?

wasatchcascade

Reflection
The Moby One business operation was shut down by a chapter 7 panel bankruptcy trustee (Phil Jones) in April 2019. Bankruptcy Case No. 19-21294 (Utah Bankruptcy District) filed by Benjamin Ashley Grimes and spouse Kimberly Grimes. A financial lender, investors and many customers - who paid deposits - are now without their "property". The operation was at 221 West 900 North in Springvile UT. Some of the former employees of the operation are "reportedly" trying to "complete construction of some of the units, but the details on that are an unknown. The chapter 7 proceeding is still open (a discharge to the debtors has yet to be issued) as the trustees office continues to follow up on the matter.

opp

Observer
Some of the former employees of the operation are "reportedly" trying to "complete construction sadly there run the same con IT WORK ONE TIME why not 5 are 6 times

portiadog

Some of the former employees of the operation are "reportedly" trying to "complete construction sadly there run the same con IT WORK ONE TIME why not 5 are 6 times

The new company that is in the same space and operated by former employees is named VORSHEER. I have not dealt with them, but other Moby1 owners have had nothing but good things to say about them.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Has a single member of Vorsheers' management team ever been employeed at Moby1?

And, does any member of the original company (Moby1) receive a single dollar of compensation from Vorsheer?

If the answer to either question is yes....then it's organized crime.

opp

Observer
Moby1 owners have had nothing but good things to say about them. Where?
Same place same con Man you must have bad memory . You Where Posting about the vorsheer before bankruptcy. CON CON how much in dep. do you plan to take be for the new CH 7 . AND start a new con

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
Moby1 owners have had nothing but good things to say about them. Where. Same place same con Man you must have bad memory . You Where Posting about the vorsheer before bankruptcy CON CON how much in dep. do you plan to take be for the new CH7 . AND start a new con

Wha...?

Lucy Rubicon

The Moby One business operation was shut down by a chapter 7 panel bankruptcy trustee (Phil Jones) in April 2019. Bankruptcy Case No. 19-21294 (Utah Bankruptcy District) filed by Benjamin Ashley Grimes and spouse Kimberly Grimes. A financial lender, investors and many customers - who paid deposits - are now without their "property". The operation was at 221 West 900 North in Springville ,UT. Some of the former employees of the operation are "reportedly" trying to "complete construction of some of the units, but the details on that are an unknown. The chapter 7 proceeding is still open (a discharge to the debtors has yet to be issued) as the trustees office continues to follow up on the matter.
Good Morning, We are one of the couples( from Ohio) that plunked down around 19k . We had both retired and started to do a ton of outdoor travel out West and wanted a 3 season place to bed down at night. We know them as well as anybody-we thought. The entire family are crooks. Mr. Grimes has made a lifestyle of ripping people off-has filed bankruptcy now his 2nd time. Evidently' the law says you can rip consumers off 19k at a time, brag about your Jeeps and motorcycles and have a good life at the expense of other people. Stupid me, I worked for 30+ years to do it. We are involved with this case and I would be interested if others met the same fate. YES, we did investigate the business but didn't see any issues at the time-Jan 2017. We issued a bank check as Mr. Grimes would NOT accept a credit card. He knew the fraud game-we did not. Eventually you get caught-he wasn't the brightest light in the business world

shade

Good Morning, We are one of the couples( from Ohio) that plunked down around 19k . We had both retired and started to do a ton of outdoor travel out West and wanted a 3 season place to bed down at night. We know them as well as anybody-we thought. The entire family are crooks. Mr. Grimes has made a lifestyle of ripping people off-has filed bankruptcy now his 2nd time. Evidently' the law says you can rip consumers off 19k at a time, brag about your Jeeps and motorcycles and have a good life at the expense of other people. Stupid me, I worked for 30+ years to do it. We are involved with this case and I would be interested if others met the same fate. YES, we did investigate the business but didn't see any issues at the time-Jan 2017. We issued a bank check as Mr. Grimes would NOT accept a credit card. He knew the fraud game-we did not. Eventually you get caught-he wasn't the brightest light in the business world
Hard to "Like" that. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you're able to work past this and eventually leave the ugliness behind you, but I know this will always sting a little. If you can't find a manufacturer that you're confident will deliver, buying something ready to roll immediately seems the best defence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles