E350 Chinook Build

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Ordered some new locks for the outside doors. Went with combi-cam locks so I don’t have to mess around with any keys. Figured they can’t be any less secure then the **************** key versions that open with a flathead screwdriver. If someone wants to get into them they will. Ordered some dust covers as well.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Ordered some new locks for the outside doors. Went with combi-cam locks so I don’t have to mess around with any keys. ... Ordered some dust covers as well....
Smart to get the dust covers. IMHO get some spares.... cause without that I'd suspect those will gum up way to easy. Might want to create some way from inside to unlatch the door lock.... a cable pull hidden behind a cushion or something. while the keyed ones were not very secure.... at least you could still get in them if key lost or??? where with these..... if it fails while locked..... your screwed.. no way to pick the lock.. course then again maybe many squirts of PB blaster or similar would work to ungum them??

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Smart to get the dust covers. IMHO get some spares.... cause without that I'd suspect those will gum up way to easy. Might want to create some way from inside to unlatch the door lock.... a cable pull hidden behind a cushion or something. while the keyed ones were not very secure.... at least you could still get in them if key lost or??? where with these..... if it fails while locked..... your screwed.. no way to pick the lock.. course then again maybe many squirts of PB blaster or similar would work to ungum them??

Yea I read a bunch of reviews because I was worried about that but everyone said they didn’t have any problems with them in that regard. Nothing a drill couldn’t fix it the do jam up.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
@willywalderbeast Where did you get the locks and covers? I've never really liked the keyed ones I have on my van.

I found them the cheapest here. Even after shipping they were less then amazon prices. Just figure out the size you need and google search for the best price.

Deshet

Adventurer
Thanks for posting, in RVA, been following your thread. Been looking for a shop to do some paint work on a pick up project and will give Fast Eddies a call (y)

Mike

What does RVA stand for?
In my area it is Richmond Virginia....I need a paint shop that will paint large truch and RVs

Thanks

Deshet

Adventurer
I love this thread and big thanks to supporting our business with your feedback! Its great to see more Chinooks coming through for our suspension lift kits! Here is a the overview video of Geoffs build. Thanks.

I look forward to seeing the new paint job.

Weldtec,
Are you saying that this Van rides better lifted then it did stock? I have a had a few older lifted fords van and they rode like lifted trucks. Does this steering require constant input from the driver? I am trying to understand how the ride got smoother after being lifted. Did you do anything to the Steering Box?

Thanks

willywalderbeast

Master of None
What does RVA stand for?
In my area it is Richmond Virginia....I need a paint shop that will paint large truch and RVs

Thanks
Yes, the shop that painted my camper was in Manassas VA. Fast Eddies Autobody

Weldtec,
Are you saying that this Van rides better lifted then it did stock? I have a had a few older lifted fords van and they rode like lifted trucks. Does this steering require constant input from the driver? I am trying to understand how the ride got smoother after being lifted. Did you do anything to the Steering Box?

Thanks

Correct. After the Weldtec lift was installed my rig rode much better then it did stock. This could be a combination of the age of the vehicle and the miles on the suspension but mainly I believe the ride is better because it now has springs and shocks that are specifically designed for the weight of the rig.

Last edited:

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
My Chinook also drives way much better with a lift, fox shocks specially valved, 2008 radius arms and Fox steering stabilizer,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles