Alu-Cab Khaya Camper

We will be at Overland Expo West next week with the new 4-sleeper model on display. Come see us at the Alu-Cab booth

Do you have some pictures by any chance? I was hoping to see a lot of videos coming out of Overland Expo on the Khaya, but I haven’t found anything.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
A few pics from the weekend, I just picked up my 2-person Khaya last week.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_189d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_189d.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 399
Awesome rig. I would love to hear your impressions so far. Any cons, things that have positively surprised you, impact on fuel/handling, etc? And I'd really love to know if the Tacoma struggles going uphill with all of the extra weight and modifications.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Awesome rig. I would love to hear your impressions so far. Any cons, things that have positively surprised you, impact on fuel/handling, etc? And I'd really love to know if the Tacoma struggles going uphill with all of the extra weight and modifications.

Thanks. Overall, I love the Khaya and feel that the products are really well made and thought-out. I've had a couple of small issues so far, but nothing major. My MPG's have been horrible with the big tires, etc, and they aren't great now that's for sure. I'll be looking for an extended-range tank at some point I'm sure.

I had a lot of extra weight on the trip home due to having a lot of extra parts in the roof box and back seat, the truck struggled in mountain passes and braking was noticeably weak. Once I removed the extra items, the truck handles much better. I will be looking to make some small bumps to power and increase my braking as well over the summer. I went into this knowing this truck wouldn't be a desert-racer so that's a good way to look at it. Long-travel need not apply! Off-road, she did pretty well. Go a little slower and be mindful of where the weight is. I've been camping in it since picking it up last week and am loving the design. It's great!

Thanks. Overall, I love the Khaya and feel that the products are really well made and thought-out. I've had a couple of small issues so far, but nothing major. My MPG's have been horrible with the big tires, etc, and they aren't great now that's for sure. I'll be looking for an extended-range tank at some point I'm sure.

I had a lot of extra weight on the trip home due to having a lot of extra parts in the roof box and back seat, the truck struggled in mountain passes and braking was noticeably weak. Once I removed the extra items, the truck handles much better. I will be looking to make some small bumps to power and increase my braking as well over the summer. I went into this knowing this truck wouldn't be a desert-racer so that's a good way to look at it. Long-travel need not apply! Off-road, she did pretty well. Go a little slower and be mindful of where the weight is. I've been camping in it since picking it up last week and am loving the design. It's great!
Thanks for the feedback. I’m in love with the Khaya and your set-up is pretty darn close to my dream overlander. I would pull the trigger much quicker on buying a Khaya if I knew I could just attach it and go, but I’m a little anxious thinking about all of the other upgrades I might need to buy in order to get what I’m looking for. Anyway, I hope to see many more pictures of your adventures (and Khaya), and I’m sure I’ll be asking you more questions at some point in the future.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Thanks for the feedback. I’m in love with the Khaya and your set-up is pretty darn close to my dream overlander. I would pull the trigger much quicker on buying a Khaya if I knew I could just attach it and go, but I’m a little anxious thinking about all of the other upgrades I might need to buy in order to get what I’m looking for. Anyway, I hope to see many more pictures of your adventures (and Khaya), and I’m sure I’ll be asking you more questions at some point in the future.

Sounds good man! Yeah, this is my dream ride...since I was a kid I've wanted something like this and worked hard to get it. I smile every time I look at it! I'll update my build thread on here soon. My wife's instagram would have some good pics of you are on there. She's called it "Wandering Tuesday". I don't have IG so who knows what's on there! lol

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
We now have a new 4S (4-sleeper) Khaya for display. I've had a number of requests for interior photo's, so here they are. The added utility of the lower level and much larger fridge (90l vs. 60l) is well worth the loss of the interior stove. Please feel free to DM or email me should you like to arrange a viewing...

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
will the Khaya fit/ work in a Ram? Ive got a 2018 Prospector XL...
Sorry...there are no immediate plans to support any full-sized applications. The factory is aware of the demand, but spinning up design and production will take at least 1-2 years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles