Snow Peak Addiction

jtosbo00

Observer
Which SP bag for the new Kitchen table?

I finally got around to putting away the new kitchen table. I purchased the 4U Carrying Case. I have a 4U IGT frame that also needed to be stored. After inserting the IGT frame and the two shelves, the bag is snug. Just right to get it back out without too much effort but not enough room to store the legs and top bar.

Next I removed the IGT 4U frame and tried inserting the legs, crossbar, etc. They were just a little too long to squeeze in. If SP made a larger Jikaro Carrying Case (in slightly larger 4U size), I suspect this would be enough thickness to accommodate all the parts.

One thing I took notice is the two mounts for mounting the top bar protrude. So when storing in a bag, one has to be mindful not to place too much force on the bag when lying down flat. I can see these mounts getting bent or damaged if something heavy fell on them. Temporarily, I plan on storing something else that can fit between these mounts and provide a cushion. I’m hoping SP will provide something more practical for the new kitchen table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

tothetrail

I don't remember what vendor it was at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff over the weekend, and we were in a rush to get to some moto training, but someone had a Snow Peak IGT displayed and said that Snow Peak would be at the Expo next year.

cactusjk

Explorer
Good info. Got a 4U bag and can store the other parts in other bags.
I finally got around to putting away the new kitchen table. I purchased the 4U Carrying Case. I have a 4U IGT frame that also needed to be stored. After inserting the IGT frame and the two shelves, the bag is snug. Just right to get it back out without too much effort but not enough room to store the legs and top bar.

Next I removed the IGT 4U frame and tried inserting the legs, crossbar, etc. They were just a little too long to squeeze in. If SP made a larger Jikaro Carrying Case (in slightly larger 4U size), I suspect this would be enough thickness to accommodate all the parts.

One thing I took notice is the two mounts for mounting the top bar protrude. So when storing in a bag, one has to be mindful not to place too much force on the bag when lying down flat. I can see these mounts getting bent or damaged if something heavy fell on them. Temporarily, I plan on storing something else that can fit between these mounts and provide a cushion. I’m hoping SP will provide something more practical for the new kitchen table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

labraca

So I ended up getting the Grill Burner and my impressions are overall positive. Heat is medium, the overall design is attractive.

I note the following things; does anyone else have the following experience?
  1. Flame flickers at the end of the "U" shape burner where the gas connection comes in, specifically the very last hole.
  2. On a low simmer, the gas makes a whistling noise that is more pronounced than usual, again on the gas input end of the "U" shape
  3. On a low simmer, the half of the "U" shape burner closest to the gas input burns noticeably more strongly than the other half, which has a weaker flame.
  4. On the flame control dial, which has a turn of about 90 degrees, a 45 degree turn and the flame is already out. So much for fine simmer control?
  5. The steel side panels on each side that protects the burner (with a circular cutout for a BBQ lighter) is actually very thin and if you pull the nylon straps too tight when storing, you'll bend these steel side panels. I also note it's a finicky task to get the Grill Burner in and out of its storage bag in general.
  6. The gas tube is fairly short, and if you use the Grill Burner standalone, it may not be possible to hang the gas canister off the side of the burner because the canister is too big. If you do not leave the gas canister upright, flames can be uneven due to liquid injection (which I do not think this burner is built for).
Overall, and assuming most other people have the above experience, this burner is highly reliant on its cast iron griddle to evenly distribute heat and prevent hot spots. Notwithstanding the gripes above, it's a beautiful device.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
It's been a great run with our Snowpeak IGT but with the four wheel camper, I don't need it anymore. And as cool as it is, it's not fair to just let it sit in the garage. It's up for grabs in the FS forum. There are more pics in the link below. Also have a 22" partner steel that's pretty much brand new....

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/fs-snowpeak-igt-with-uber-rare-pieces.205588/

e5ef1e23-5e9a-4974-807b-1e68e056e95e-jpeg.517778

eb521ad4-de61-4d16-b9a5-18c61ca2984a-jpeg.517783
Those stainless steel side trays are calling my name.... GLWS.
Whoever buys this, hit me up. That set could use my storage kit! ;)

briferg

Observer
I went on the Snow Peak web site today to get some more adjustable IGT 660/830 legs - Sku 191.
They aren't there anymore, I wrote Snow Peak Customer Service to ask, this is what they wrote...

"Thank you for contacting Snow Peak. Yes, the adjustable legs have been discontinued for the time being. We apologize for this inconvenience. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions."

Does anyone know of any for sale? Either private party, or retail with them still in stock? I have been looking at my usual retail suspects with none to be found.
Thanks,
Brian!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I finally removed my 6-inch Snow Peak gear from my chuck box and put an 8-inch lodge pan in there. Know what? It cooks just as well.

If SP would offer a larger cast-iron set I would buy it. But...they don't.

Hey Snow Peak, Americans would like a 9-inch cook set. Just sayin'. One frying pan, one lid. That's all.

Kgorman

Observer
Read this whole thread... we were looking to up our campsite game and have a better outside cooking station for our partner stove. Currently we use trail kitchen kit. We needed prep area and wanted a sink. Plus we wanted to be able to cook over lump charcoal. It all needed to be shaded. It all needs to pack down to fit inside vanimal.

Fell hard for snow peak kit..

Ordered:
  • IGT 4u
  • IGT 3u
  • bamboo corner
  • bamboo extension
  • wire mesh drop in
  • cutting board drop in
  • pack and carry fireplace
  • HD Tarp hexa evo pro
  • poles, legs, stakes, etc.

I will be attempting to mod my 22” partner stove to drop into the igt like others have done, as well as build a sink unit. Got 30 days until we leave on adventure.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
I will be attempting to mod my 22” partner stove to drop into the igt like others have done, as well as build a sink unit. Got 30 days until we leave on adventure.

I used some simple aluminum L channel(1.5” L) from Home Depot. Run it across the open span of the IGT Table. Simple rest the Partner Steel stove on it. It’s not recessed but works perfect. You can notch the top of the L for access to the knobs/hose fitting. The L fits inside the stove when not being used.522602

Last edited:

Lennart

Adventurer
My trusty old Fireplace in action once again. It was a theme weekend 'sea creatures'.
Ate some really nice things

I tried pork fat flambe oysters. The wife made Salmon with liquorice-root-jelly on a bed of fennel with Vermouth mayonaise :)

Eet smakelijk (y)

pQw6IE.jpg

IsJdHV.jpg

oazME5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles