New DC to DC Charger From Renogy-20 amps or 40 amps-Flooded/AGM/GEL/Lithium

dreadlocks

oh definitely, the lower voltage batteries only need half the cells in the same general space.. all things equal a 6v battery will always have thicker plates and more lead-per-cell than a 12v, and thats what makes a deep cycle really.. if you can fit two 6v under the hood do it, though you'll probably have to settle for a tiny lil deka starting battery but there's nothing really wrong with that.. you dont really need a big heavy battery just for getting your engine running, especially if you have a nice house bank for everything else.

john61ct

Adventurer
No. The DCDC goes near the target battery.

A dedicated round trip circuit of thick enough* gauge from the Alt/Starter circuit to the DCDC.

With an Anderson in between.

*depends on current and round trip distance, see Blue Sea Circuit Wizard app. A 3-5% voltage drop is OK if you want to save money, but do not skimp so much you risk a fire, Fuse of course will help, set 15-20% higher current

AlumniCU

This spot has a deal for Memorial Day, they are sold out of the 20A as Renogy is sold out too... Supposed to get stock in July i was told.

Regardless the 40A can be bought for 160$ till Tomorrow.

https://www.survivalgearsystems.com...attery-charger-20a-40a?variant=14763900993578

Anyone order from them before?

Edit: Adjusted date as memorial sale ends the 31 but renogy sale ends tomo

I have the 20A - works great on 100Ah AGM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RigidYota

I think i sold myself on the 20a being sufficient, but sold out ?

Might be a good excuse to drive over to renogy when im down in LA end of summer thought.

Figured id share if anyone wants the 40a and is in the USA.. free shipping too!

Reactions: WVI

PSea

which presents a unique challenge if I want to park and listen to the radio but not charge the battery without the alternator running. I can simply unplug the wire.
Just wire stereo straight to battery. Done this for decades. Much preferred.

Amp34

Annoyingly Renogy Canada don’t have these available yet, but US and Australia do.

The Australian site only ships to Australia and the US site ships to Canada, but charge $150USD for delivery... The only places that sell them also either drop ship from Renogy (and charge the same shipping) or don’t ship to Canada (Amazon).

In contact with their Canadian CS at the moment and apparently they may be available in a couple of weeks, but that was about a month ago. Waiting for a reply back for updates.

Jonnyo

Observer
trying to understand if anyone as the knowlege. if i have this 20A dcdc charging the battery, will my solar controller that is independantly attach the the same battery will also be charging at the same time?

so 20A from dcdc plus 10A from my solar for a 30A when the truck is running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online