Issues with Inka Outdoors

ottsville

Observer
we have a good business and we are also Bail enforcement agents so and we don't need you to tell us how we need to speak into our Phone. If I need your help I will get in contact with you I didn't get on here to Bash you and you don't get on here to bash me and my company is running 3 months behind on campers and we got a backlog of 648 utility trailers to buildbut I don't want to get on here and hurt your feelings but you asked for it so here you….......???????? !!!!! Now go cry a river
Congratulations and it sounds like you are well on your way to being the next Inka.

And it's very easy to use punctuation even when using voice typing. But if you prefer to look like a moron, have at it. You are well on your way with that also.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Moral of this story and ALL THE OTHERS discussed on this site is NEVER pay anyone a deposit that is more than you can afford to LOSE!

Exactly. Have said that over and over.

I had a couple approach me about buying my trailer in Oct, couldn't afford new so they wanted something used. I spent an hour and a half talking them out of it. Only been married a year, 9 month old kid, wife still in college and living in an apartment. Grand dreams of that instagram living your best life bs. Told them no way, spending 75% of your savings on a toy on one income with a toddler is fkn asinine. The husband was pissed until I point blank asked him what happened if they got home that night with the trailer and their apartment complex was in ashes. They didn't even have renters insurance. Said he'd never thought about it :rolleyes:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I’m beginning to think this thread is cursed. As with all non direct, non face to face conversations there can be a lot of confusion and misinterpretation when trying to work out what people are saying and what they actually mean. Being dyslexic it’s a real challenge for me to write what I’m thinking and interpret what people are saying.

The vast majority of members on this forum are kind well meaning people who are here to share experiences, ask for help, and give help, it’s the reason I’m still active on the forum.

I’d ask that we all respect one another and not be so quick to jump all over each other. I don’t know about you but I have enough stress in my life and I don’t want to add any more, this forum is a refuge for me. It’s just a forum after all, not a life and death situation, and we definitely don’t want our conversations to deteriorate into arguments and mud slinging.

Remember that the guy you are cursing about is the same guy who would winch you out when you got stuck, help you fix a flat tire, and share a drink with you around the camp fire. The untrustworthy, the cheats, the frauds will be exposed by their own lies and deeds.

poptop1

I have been following this thread for awhile. Anything new going on with this? Has there been any new communication with the victims? I am assuming the bankruptcy is official now.

poptop1

thats great news to hear. Amex is a great card to use for deposits as they will help you out when deals go south or your card gets compromised. I am wondering if anyone has been contacted about bankruptcy proceedings or lawsuits yet?

Pathfinder7

I have been following this thread for awhile. Anything new going on with this? Has there been any new communication with the victims? I am assuming the bankruptcy is official now.

Yes, the bankruptcy filing is official. The only way anyone got any refunds thus far has been from their CC companies. Different state Attorney General's are handling it differently, but none seem to be leaning towards criminal charges....yet. It looks like this scum might actually get away with stealing 100's of thousands of dollars and walk free. But if you go into a damned 7-11 and steal a few $100 you will at least get probation. Damned land of the free my ass. Free criminals and free welfare maybe...

The same thing is happening with Ashley Grimes and Moby1, just straight up thieves and frauds.

blazindave

If there was a bankruptcy filing then all the creditors should have been notified. I have not been notified of a bankruptcy filing. My loss - $8,100

I was denied refund by my credit card company, Gander Mountain MasterCard (Comenity Bank), because they said they were only liable for the balance outstanding at the time of my claim. My balance was $0.00, because I paid off the card.

But, I am enjoying my Boreas XT from Into The Wild Overland. Wish I had found them first. After paying a small deposit, I had my trailer in a week.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I haven’t looked at this thread in a while. Reading the updates I wanted to say how sorry I was to hear that many of you had lost money with these companies. The Overlanding world is very small and things like this effect us all. If any of you are going to Expo West please drop by our booth and say hello, it would be really great to put faces to all of you Portal names. Cheers. Martyn

weekendr

I'm another one that got stung my Inka. I was supporting Mike Stanford through his troubles until... On October 23, 2018, I responded to him and told him I had some qualified investors that were interested in looking at an investment in Inka (and probably take control of course.) I also told him I'd raised $20M at my last startup company just so he knew I wasn't blowing smoke and wasting his time. He said he had other investor meetings lined up and would get back to me. Never heard from him. Emailed him again and didn't hear back. It's evident that he is just not exectutive/business owner material. The icing was throwing out in a letter to customers about "90% of new businesses fail" as some sort of comfort to him that what he did was okay. Wrong. Taking several hundred thousand in deposits, spending them on current builds, and filing bankruptcy is not a failed business; it's a soft Ponzi scheme. It's also inexcusable that he hasn't communicated with any customers at all about the bankruptcy and that he shut down his Inka email.

poptop1

what a shame. i am not sure how he is getting away with completely blowing everyone involved off. Not only are the clients victims but Im sure he owed tens of thousands to vendors as well. I know he wasnt paying employees either. Doing it Mikes way instead of the right way and failing to heed good,sound advice early on was a recipe for disaster unfortunately. Inka was a great idea with piss poor execution.

round00

In most places, you get a record and jail for shoplifting...these guys swindle 100ks and walk away after filing bankruptcy

Quality companies should NOT be asking for ANY deposit except for unique, custom work

If they can’t build me a trailer with just my signature on a contract, I’ll go to someone else

Yes, the bankruptcy filing is official. The only way anyone got any refunds thus far has been from their CC companies. Different state Attorney General's are handling it differently, but none seem to be leaning towards criminal charges....yet. It looks like this scum might actually get away with stealing 100's of thousands of dollars and walk free. But if you go into a damned 7-11 and steal a few $100 you will at least get probation. Damned land of the free my ass. Free criminals and free welfare maybe...

The same thing is happening with Ashley Grimes and Moby1, just straight up thieves and frauds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles