2017 F150 SCREW 4x4 build Thread

D

Deleted member 9101

I would love to know more about this mod. The stock headlights on my '15 F150 XLT are really dim, and the regular fogs don't help much. I have tried brighter bulbs with only minimal improvement.

What lights and how do you wire them on a dimmer?

I got cheap lights off of Ebay. They are the 6 LED spot lights. The dimmer will come from ADVmonster.com. I haven't ordered it yet and the lights don't seem to be blinding anyone, so I might not need it.

My headlights I ended up converting to a completely different kind of bulb. I think it took me an hour and cost like 60.00 to do all four. It made a huge difference. I'll have to find the link for it.

fb_img_1548721578256-jpg.497373

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548721578256.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548721578256.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 387
D

Deleted member 9101

@Mfitz mfitzI ended up swapping to Phillips 9011 and 11361B1 bulbs. I had to use my dremel to modify the plug on the bulbs slightly, but made a very noticable difference. There are YouTube videos that show the process.

Mfitz

@Mfitz mfitzI ended up swapping to Phillips 9011 and 11361B1 bulbs. I had to use my dremel to modify the plug on the bulbs slightly, but made a very noticable difference. There are YouTube videos that show the process.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Projects are on hold until warmer weather hits but I hope to tackle this ASAP.

Grassland

How is the truck with the six speed, 3.73 gears, and the 34s? Have you re-calibrated for the tire size? Does that beg for a re gear or is it ok?

Jay J

Great looking truck! Love those gold Methods.

I also really like your exo rack. It’s nice to have that rock solid setup and peace of mind.

I’m fixing to put a 200lb RTT on an ARE z series with factory Thule tracks and 3 front runner cross bars. ?

Time will tell how strong the topper is...

JP2

Been forever since I posted. We did get a good couple days in anza borrego at the beginning of March. About to start a list of mods on my truck to get ready for Moab in May. Picked up the 36 gallon tank tonight and also a power driver seat. The 23 gallon tank doesn’t last long in these trucks, especially with the RTT in a headwind. And my 5’2” wife needs the power seat to get high enough to drive. The 18+ hour road trips are tough without a co-driver.

Here’s a pic of anza and hopefully I get a pic or two of the latest installs to add here.

Attachments

• 6C764E67-3413-4490-9B05-53F9F8EB619A.jpeg
    6C764E67-3413-4490-9B05-53F9F8EB619A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103

JP2

Great looking truck! Love those gold Methods.

I also really like your exo rack. It’s nice to have that rock solid setup and peace of mind.

I’m fixing to put a 200lb RTT on an ARE z series with factory Thule tracks and 3 front runner cross bars. ?

Time will tell how strong the topper is...
Thanks! The rack was a real headache to design build and install but it works. Not many options for rack and camper shell.

JP2

How is the truck with the six speed, 3.73 gears, and the 34s? Have you re-calibrated for the tire size? Does that beg for a re gear or is it ok?

It was always fine until I got the RTT up there. In a strong headwind it will never get into 6th gear. Going to Cali last month we had a 30ish mph headwind. With me wanting to run 75-80 it didn’t like it. However it is fine without the wind. I towed a Farmall M this past weekend on a nearly 3k pound trailer and it did great. Im guessing the total load was close to 9k. I’m going to 37s real soon, hopefully before we hit Moab this year, and I will gear to 4.56 when I do the tires.

Yes I recalibrated the Speedo using my forscan software and Bluetooth obd connector.

Attachments

• 2FD384E9-8503-467D-8A98-9542CC2F4576.jpeg
    2FD384E9-8503-467D-8A98-9542CC2F4576.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

JP2

I wanted to do that, but I don't think I'll ever use it.

My next mod will be replacing the fog lights with LED lights. They will be on a dimmer so they are not obnoxious when my low beams are on. Then they will come on at 100% when I use my high beams.

View attachment 491389
I need to do that. I did the Bambi mod and now my fog light lenses are cracked from being on all the time. Any details on the lights used here?

D

Deleted member 9101

I need to do that. I did the Bambi mod and now my fog light lenses are cracked from being on all the time. Any details on the lights used here?

I used "el chepo" flush mounts off of Amazon. 508531

Grassland

It was always fine until I got the RTT up there. In a strong headwind it will never get into 6th gear. Going to Cali last month we had a 30ish mph headwind. With me wanting to run 75-80 it didn’t like it. However it is fine without the wind. I towed a Farmall M this past weekend on a nearly 3k pound trailer and it did great. Im guessing the total load was close to 9k. I’m going to 37s real soon, hopefully before we hit Moab this year, and I will gear to 4.56 when I do the tires.

Yes I recalibrated the Speedo using my forscan software and Bluetooth obd connector.

Lol 75-80. You sure won't like ever driving in Canada, half our highway limits are 60.

Yeah with the big tent and 75 80 with that head wind i could see that being an issue. Otherwise daily driving or slower speeds but loaded up the truck is handling it ok?
Why the switch to 37s?

JP2

Lol 75-80. You sure won't like ever driving in Canada, half our highway limits are 60.

Yeah with the big tent and 75 80 with that head wind i could see that being an issue. Otherwise daily driving or slower speeds but loaded up the truck is handling it ok?
Why the switch to 37s?

Speed limits in Texas can be 80-85 so at some points I was at 80 and slower than the traffic on Interstate. Everyday driving is fine.

Love the build so far, I have Baja Designs squadron pro using the plug n play wiring and mounts from them. The ability to switch between lens colors and spot pattern is pretty cool too. Looking forward to hearing more info about installing the 36gal tank.

Reactions: JP2

JP2

Couple weekends ago at Padre island national seashore. This weekend getting ready for expo west and then running straight to rimrocker from Moab to Montrose. Wanted one more test trip to big bend before the rimrocker trip but life just gets in the way.

Attachments

• 18F27C28-464A-402F-B5E2-58D61A36C8E4.jpeg
    18F27C28-464A-402F-B5E2-58D61A36C8E4.jpeg
    809.1 KB · Views: 53

mobydick 11

Hi i like what you are doing with your F150 . I have been pricing out a 2019 .Got offered a real good deal on a truck with factory rear locker and off road package ,most of what i would order . thing is truck has the 2.7 ecoboost, great mileage but i am worried about life span . wanted the V8 ,I do not know if i should settle for the little motor . What engine is in your truck? $15,000 off list price ,but if it cant do the job then its a big mistake for me .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz