Awning gap solution?

JB30

Have had the Compact Batwing on my Jeep for a couple months now. Perfect solution / size / weight for my purposes. Only real gripe is the way it's mounted (to an Ursa Minor camper via stainless steel brackets) there's naturally a gap between the body and the awning. So when it rains, there's always a little shower all the way around.

I'm assuming I'm not the first to tackle this annoyance... Anyone come up with a slick / simple solution?

JB30

Pool noodle in the gap?

I’m only half joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha... it actually would kinda work. Not sure if I'm going for the pool noodle aesthetic though...

The main pain in the butt is off the back of the jeep, where I have the cooking setup. Almost feel like a permanent spoiler off the back would solve it. AND increase downforce for when I'm on the track.

ttengineer

Adventurer
You could get Backer rod. Its similar to a pool noodle but black and comes in different diameters. Home Depot should have some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JB30

Fabric rain gutter.
Similar to this, but mine have been homemade:

Dig it. Will look into making something similar. Have also been looking at stick on rigid rubber rain gutters - although not sure I’ll be able to find one deep enough to cover the gap.

KellyM

Adventurer
Dig it. Will look into making something similar. Have also been looking at stick on rigid rubber rain gutters - although not sure I’ll be able to find one deep enough to cover the gap.

JB30 - have you settled on a solution yet? I like the awning option, but the most important feature for me would be rain protection for the rear of the Jeep where my kitchen slides out.

Thanks,

JB30

JB30 - have you settled on a solution yet? I like the awning option, but the most important feature for me would be rain protection for the rear of the Jeep where my kitchen slides out.

Weather hasn't really convinced me to find a solution recently... but thanks for the reminder!

Does seem like it'll be an issue with any awning off the back the way the back slopes and having to mount an awning vertically.

billiebob

I'd probably want a solid filler. Make cardboard templates and cut/fold aluminium to fit. A few photos of your setup might generate more ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles