Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
What is your overall weight? Is that loaded?

I suspect loaded gross weight is just under 2000 pounds.
Last I weighed it it was 1375 pounds after putting it together unloaded.
The tongue weight displayed above is loaded except for the 12 gallons of water sitting right in front of the trailer box.
I did weigh the tongue after putting it together originally and it was over 350 pounds..... ouch.

Yeah, mine only has one on top, two on each side and two in the tongue area for the spare. That's it. Mine was built in March 2017. Sounds like they added more as they went along.
Nope, they all have only one on the top for the spare tire tie down and 4 on each side ( 2 above the side accent and 2 below side accent spaced a little farther out) that mirror to the inside of the main cabinet.

Silverback07

Adventurer
Nope, they all have only one on the top for the spare tire tie down and 4 on each side ( 2 above the side accent and 2 below side accent spaced a little farther out) that mirror to the inside of the main cabinet.

Ok.. I thought you said it had them on the top. Misunderstood. I really like the Anchortrax on top though. Give me options to tie stuff down.

Ok.. I thought you said it had them on the top. Misunderstood. I really like the Anchortrax on top though. Give me options to tie stuff down.

yea, that track system is pretty cool . I've been debating on using some of the E-track rails. its a way cheaper alternative $16 for 5 feet or $22 for 10 feet. Once you start buying that stuff, it becomes addicting since there are so many tie down choices.

Catalanbull

Hi All!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Scout display unit from the 4wp in Redondo Beach, it's a model from 2017 and it has the reinforcement bars. My reason for getting it was that I had a baby and I either had to get a bigger truck to fit all the camping stuff or a trailer. After some research there was no question in my mind the Scout was the way to go. I'm really happy I found this thread as it's loaded with great information. Thanks everyone for contributing and I'll do the same as I go.

So far I have only changed the kitchen drawer for the newer one, as it allows you to remove the side walls and this way my Partner Steel stove opens without hitting the wall.

For this weekend little camping trip I removed the spare tire and I'm considering the following system to carry the tire at the back. Anyone has any thoughts why this wouldn't work?

Hitch Drop:

Walco Hitchswing:

Hitch Tire Mount:

I'll send pictures of this coming weekend trip and thanks again for sharing your ideas and build!

Attachments

• IMG_5719.jpeg
    IMG_5719.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 111

McDowra

Observer
Just wondered if we one else dislikes the RTT ladders. We wanted something with a wider step and found it for free. By opening the tent to the rear of the trailer we just go out the front of the tent and step where the spare tire used to be. So nice and easy getting in for an old man and my young bride approves also!

misubisu

Thanks Misubisu, I see you added a second receiver, why do you need to do that?

It's not my thread... I just remembered it was there, so pointed it out.
The person that posted it, does say that their not happy with how far out the wheel is sitting. And it is a fair way out from the trailer.
My only concern with it is how much the wheel would move around. They're bloody heavy!
But I do like the idea of a hitch mounted wheel carrier. And I will be implementing something in due course, as I want the spare wheel gone from the front. So I will be watching very intently for any suggestions that anyone has to make about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles