Ram 2500/3500 Info

STREGA

Explorer
I love the Aisin trans, that super low first gear helps get the heavy trailer going. I’ve never driven a gasser truck with the Aisin trans, but I bet it’s very solid platform that works great together.

Have you done a fluid change yet? I did my first on at 30k, it wasn’t cheap.

Yes it launches off the start line very well even with the camper on it and I'am at about 10K lbs. all loaded down. The 4.44 gears help with that also. Just about due for its first fluid change and been quoted about $250.00, not cheap to do, actually it's about the same as on a Toyota Tacoma/FJ Cruiser with a auto, but have to do twice as often.

Explorerinil

Observer
Yes it launches off the start line very well even with the camper on it and I'am at about 10K lbs. all loaded down. The 4.44 gears help with that also. Just about due for its first fluid change and been quoted about $250.00, not cheap to do, actually it's about the same as on a Toyota Tacoma/FJ Cruiser with a auto, but have to do twice as often.
I got the fluid on amazon and took it to a friends shop, I think it was under $150 if I remember right. The filter change is every 60k, fluid every 30... so every other toy do the filter.

Explorerinil

Observer
How much is expensive? Should be what, $35/5 L of ATF and $56 for the filters, so $150 total?
How much is expensive? Should be what, $35/5 L of ATF and $56 for the filters, so $150 total?

Pure diesel power has the ATF cheaper than Amazon, looks like I need to get the stuff from there from now on out. I can’t remember how many quarts off hand.

D45

Explorer
What year did Dodge start posititioning the front shocks on the outside of the coils?

My 2004 3500 had the shocks inside the coil

SoTxAg06

Anyone have any issues with the LSD in a 14+ 2500?

My truck started shuddering hard when turning and occasionally when backing up yesterday afternoon. It felt like something was binding in the rear end. Nothing visual that I could see on the outside, and no codes being thrown. Right at 16K on it, so warranty should cover whatever happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Anyone have any issues with the LSD in a 14+ 2500?

My truck started shuddering hard when turning and occasionally when backing up yesterday afternoon. It felt like something was binding in the rear end. Nothing visual that I could see on the outside, and no codes being thrown. Right at 16K on it, so warranty should cover whatever happened.

Weird, no I haven’t had any issues and haven’t heard of any.

SoTxAg06

Weird, no I haven’t had any issues and haven’t heard of any.

It’s odd for sure. No noise or vibration driving in a straight line. I thought maybe I had a dragging brake caliper, but everything seemed normal there.

D45

Explorer
The power rear slider have any explosion defects like my Ford does?

Does the Ram rear slider have a defrost?

Halligan

Adventurer
My 2015 has the rear slider but no defrost. Not sure if the newer models have both options available together.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I have power slider and defrost. I won't have a truck without defrost. I like to turn it on in the rain. The heat keeps everything rolling off and clear.

D45

Explorer
Ford's rear slider explodes, not taking a chance with my daughter being back there

Ford also won't cover it, even under warranty

D45

Explorer
I recall there were also some issues with the ride failing and steering linkage design changes from a few generation of trucks

I thought it was 2003-2008/9 model years, but I also found 500,000 trucks were recalled for component separation:

2014-2017 Ram 2500 pickups
2013-2017 Ram 3500 pickups
2013-2017 Ram chassis cab trucks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles