Does Partner Steel make a single-burner stove?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I've been playing with my Kanz Kitchen and decided that I'd like to fit my Snow Peak grill box in there with a single-burner Partner Steel stove. This way I can can have a grill, burner, and oven (using a Coleman folding oven) in one chuck box.

I swear I've seen single-burner Partners before on the web, but I can't find any today. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Kinda like this with a 12 x 12 Partner on the right:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
9" 2 Burner Compact Stove

Our 9" 2 Burner Stove is our most compact stove in the lineup. Measuring just 12" x 9" x 6" when folded. Weighs 11 lbs, 12 x 18 x 3 when open. This stove can be fit with break-apart hinges to provide a larger distance between burners or take just 1/2 on a trip. A Partner Steel carry bag is available for when the stove is not in use.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Thanks guys. I just called Partner and they do make a single 9 x 12 stove that is not listed on their website. I'm ordering one today. $175.00 with no lid, handle, or hinges. The cool part is that both the gas valve and gas inlet are in the "front" (9 inch side). This means I can screw in the propane at the front. Messing around with the fitting on the side in that Kanz Kitchen is a pain-in-da-but.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
OK...two more questions. While waiting for the single-burner stove to arrive I'm working out the exact layout for the Kanz. The grill will sit in there without modifying the top shelf in the Kanz, but the lid will not fit. I've done a bunch of Googling about using a lid with a charcoal grill but I'm still not sure if I need it. I can keep my meat thickness under 1 inch and so far all I ever grill is steak and burger with a veggie here and there. My thinking is that if I need an oven I'll use the Coleman oven over the Partner burner.

Now, I could rebuild the inside of the Kanz to accommodate the grill + lid. Should I go through the trouble? And, I usually have the charcoal in the grill all the way up to really sear things. Do you all expect that sitting the grill box directly on the wood shelf (without the SP legs) will burn the wood? I've always used it on a stainless steel table so it obviously hasn't been an issue.

Experienced opinions would be welcome.

Nathansharkey80

Thanks guys. I just called Partner and they do make a single 9 x 12 stove that is not listed on their website. I'm ordering one today. $175.00 with no lid, handle, or hinges. The cool part is that both the gas valve and gas inlet are in the "front" (9 inch side). This means I can screw in the propane at the front. Messing around with the fitting on the side in that Kanz Kitchen is a pain-in-da-but.

I installed a quick connect coupling with mine and it made it much easier to install the propane line on the partner steel stove inside the Kanz kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I installed a quick connect coupling with mine and it made it much easier to install the propane line on the partner steel stove inside the Kanz kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How on earth did you do that? Can you snap a pic for me?

I've thought about that since I have quick-release propane connectors on everything else, but the Partner fitting looks to be proprietary.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
FWIW, I was informed by Partner Steel quick propane connects don't flow high pressure adequately for their burners. Have you experienced lower BTU output using quick connects?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles