Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

Where are yall mounting your trailer brake controllers? Trying to find an out of the way spot that is still accessible
Mine is mounted directly under the steering wheel. A little inconvenient for seeing the operation. I have been thinking of moving it the beside the center column on its side.

JakeH

Adventurer
I was thinking of trying one of those new redarc tow pro units & mount the control knob in the blank switch panel next to the center diff lock

yeos

Observer
If you don’t mind sharing, what state and what did you pay?

$16500 + Tax etc. Washington State

Good:
Carfax with no accidents, three owners (two in Texas, one in Washington), dealer serviced up until 60k miles, dash replaced by Lexus, leather in good shape for age, non nav, Parrott Bluetooth installed, weather tech floor and cargo liners, window visors, 4runner sr5 wheels with 260/70/17 Toyo at2s in good condition

Bad:
Timing belt and water pump not completed and just about due, lots of rock chips that had been touched up, one roof molding under the oem rails is missing

Whitey1w

This is where it starts for me. Just under 126k when I bought it. Super clean, good maintenance records, and the colors I wanted. My initial thoughts were that it really drives great. I drove a friend,s a little, but Houston to SW CO is a haul and ya get to know a vehicle. I went through wind rain and snow on Monarch with reg street tires. Performance was better than expected.

I’ve ordered Lil B’s sliders and front bumper. I don’t know what I’ll do for a rear bumper since Brian is not making them right now, but I’d like a spare tire holder and higher receiver hitch for sure. I’ll be ordering OME front and rear suspension w/ 2.5” lift (no KDSS). I haven’t decided exactly which wheels I’m going with, either some TRD or Icon Compression, black either way with DuraTrac tires. I’m planning to black out the Crome and smoke the lights, silver and black theme. I’m considering a small set of drawers for the back , but I can’t fill it because I need to haul a dog and hockey gear. Cargo rack on top. Eventually I’d like to build a trailer. Between this site, GXOR and ih8mud I’ve found a lot of useful info and inspiration, Thanks!

Whitey1w

While I’m waiting for lift and armor I’ve been looking at tire size. For those of you who have run stock 265/70 and the 285/70, what are your thoughts? Please advise how you use the vehicle. I will put more on road miles than off road, but I go off road a lot. I live inbetween Telluride and Moab so mountains and desert are my playground. Not much deep mud, occasionally deep sand. I have a daily driver, but it’s small. This is primarily an adventure rig with some daily driving in the winter for hauling kids and hockey gear. Thanks.

moose545

New to the forum and been poking around, cleaned up and added 2 of 3 skids today. Lots more planned of course :)

2012 GX460:

Dobinsons HD 2" lift
RSG Metalworks sliders
RCI skids, 2 of 3 on, fuel tank plate will go on this week
T4R Trail wheels, 17x7.5 running Hankook DynaPro ATMs 275/70/17 e-rated

Attachments

• GX2.jpg
    GX2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 226

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
$16500 + Tax etc. Washington State

Good:
Carfax with no accidents, three owners (two in Texas, one in Washington), dealer serviced up until 60k miles, dash replaced by Lexus, leather in good shape for age, non nav, Parrott Bluetooth installed, weather tech floor and cargo liners, window visors, 4runner sr5 wheels with 260/70/17 Toyo at2s in good condition

Bad:
Timing belt and water pump not completed and just about due, lots of rock chips that had been touched up, one roof molding under the oem rails is missing

I wouldn’t stress the timing belt. A Toyota mechanic I use said he has seen the original belt go for over 20000. Avg for replacement was in the 150-160 range.

dcg141

Adventurer
Stock to current look. Just installed WKO sliders.

Attachments

• GX 8.jpeg
    GX 8.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 175
  • GX 11.jpeg
    GX 11.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 183

Stepsride

Just bought this a few months ago 2013 Gx 460 with 30K miles. This is a daily driver and my wife's vehicle. So far we threw some new tires on it due to the ones on the vehicle were the originals and had dry rot. I put on Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I am very happy with the ride. The noise is on par with the dry rotted Bridgestones. Next is roof rack - Prinsu/Frontrunner/Southernstyleoffroad - These are the ones I like visually. Now I need to find out more about each. Rock rails next.

Last edited:

jusnicho

Observer
New to the forum and been poking around, cleaned up and added 2 of 3 skids today. Lots more planned of course :)

2012 GX460:

Dobinsons HD 2" lift
RSG Metalworks sliders
RCI skids, 2 of 3 on, fuel tank plate will go on this week
T4R Trail wheels, 17x7.5 running Hankook DynaPro ATMs 275/70/17 e-rated
Just bought these same wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz